HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

RunnerZ
RunnerZ Member Posts: 185
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have not posted for awhile...a long cold and a busy Christmas season (home and work) have kept me tied up. But I do want to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year. I am an 8 year survivor of stage 3 rectal cancer and will bring in the New Year with a 6 mile run with a group of friends. I can remember being in the middle of treatment (no picnic) and just wishing that I could feel well enough to run again. Well, 8 years and almost 12,000 miles of running later, here I am! Still struggle with some lingering effects of radiation and surgery, but it does get a little better each year. Fight strong survivors in 2007! fedester...glad you are home and healthy for the new year!

Comments

• HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    And to you as well...

Keep running!

Howard
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    A Happy New Year to you also. May 2007 be the year of many blessings to us all.

Kerry
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Thanks for the information. We love to see that 8 year figure. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Happy New Year to all as well. May 2007 be better for all of us.

• kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    vinny3 said:

Thanks for the information. We love to see that 8 year figure. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Happy New Year to all as well. May 2007 be better for all of us.

G'day Runner! Run on into 2007 mate....and beyond. Great to see you again. A true message of hope for all our friends here.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
    Huggs, Ross n Jen
  • 66Rose
    66Rose Member Posts: 58
    Happy New Year To You!!!

I also love that 8 year figure!

I am also a runner.........and I look forward to getting back into the running world in 2007.

Run On!!!

Liz
    www.runlizrun.com
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Happy New Year, Runner! Stay healthy and keep running.

Hugs,

Kay
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    G'day Runner,
    My best wishes for a happy and healthy new year mate. I must say I am very proud of your journey ,knowing what you have come through added to the stresses of life and your work . You keep coming back with your pro-active message and survive by example. By comparison to you I feel like the accidental tourist come survivor. I start into year ten on the 22nd of Jan ,I guess it doesn't matter how you survive as long as you survive. I do know that your recipe for survival seems to have given you a far better quality of life than the accidental one ,keep up the good work and stay happy and healthy ,Ron.
  • Russell05
    Russell05 Member Posts: 60
    Happy New Year Runner. Keep on running. Be well and be Blessed.

Hugs, Russell