CEA :-(

Options
goldfinch
goldfinch Member Posts: 735
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I guess the naturopathic method isn't working for me. My CEA has climbed after 3 solid months on it. More like 3 and 1/2. I have the cat scan Jan 2, but based on this I already know what it will say "all lesions show small growth." I will probably resume chemo one week after I see Dr T on Jan 3. It's enough to make me want to cry.
Mary

Comments

• CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give up the nutritional approach. Maybe you would like to look at your plan so far to see if it can be changed to be more effective? These are just thoughts. I am sorry that your CEA is showing a little rising...Hang in there and find out all of the data - easier said than done when you are waiting, I know. Take care and have a happy Holiday and don't give up!! All the best - Maura
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Mary,

I am sending hugs and positive vibes your way. You have been so strong. May you keep your strength to continue on with chemo and i pray that you have few side affects,

Maureen
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    From what to what Mary as far as your CEA? DON"T stop yet, keep at it. I am not sure what protocal you are on, but hope it's more then just taking supplements. I know people that just take the supplements everyday but did do or change other things and it was not effective.

Going back on chemo is your choice and is certainly understandable. The good news is you got a break and have built up your body so the chemo will not be as toxic. You need to keep it up while on chemo too so can tag team the **** cells!!!!!

I think I gave you my phone number if you wanted to talk every. CALL ME!!!

Lisa P.
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Mary -

Not clear what scans will show - maybe you will have to resume chemo and if so best vibes to you.

Meanwhile keep eating etc. healthy - it can only help - EVEN IF you end up having to do more chemo. So don't call it a failure - just a temporary setback (and maybe not even that).

Have a nice holiday and I'll be wishing the best for you when the New Year rolls around.

Betsy
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Options
    Mary,

Could you go back to the naturopath and discuss making some changes to the diet/supplement plan? My dad's naturopath said that if what we were doing didn't work, we would have to make some changes. Don't give up just yet. Also, could it possibly take a little longer for this method to work for you? I would definitely give your naturopath a call and discuss what is going on. If you feel that your naturopath isn't doing enough for you, maybe you could find someone else. My dad's naturopath also mentioned chinese medicine and/or vitamin C infusions as other options. Don't know if you have ever looked into that. Keeping you in my prayers.

-Lee-
  • goldfinch
    Options
    scouty said:

From what to what Mary as far as your CEA? DON"T stop yet, keep at it. I am not sure what protocal you are on, but hope it's more then just taking supplements. I know people that just take the supplements everyday but did do or change other things and it was not effective.

Going back on chemo is your choice and is certainly understandable. The good news is you got a break and have built up your body so the chemo will not be as toxic. You need to keep it up while on chemo too so can tag team the **** cells!!!!!

I think I gave you my phone number if you wanted to talk every. CALL ME!!!

Lisa P.

changed my diet, visualizing, meditating, exercising (though that's not new), accupuncture. I don't know what else to do.
    mary
  • goldfinch
    Options
    goldfinch said:

changed my diet, visualizing, meditating, exercising (though that's not new), accupuncture. I don't know what else to do.
    mary

CEA from 49.3 to 67.9
  • goldfinch
    Options
    pink05 said:

Mary,

Could you go back to the naturopath and discuss making some changes to the diet/supplement plan? My dad's naturopath said that if what we were doing didn't work, we would have to make some changes. Don't give up just yet. Also, could it possibly take a little longer for this method to work for you? I would definitely give your naturopath a call and discuss what is going on. If you feel that your naturopath isn't doing enough for you, maybe you could find someone else. My dad's naturopath also mentioned chinese medicine and/or vitamin C infusions as other options. Don't know if you have ever looked into that. Keeping you in my prayers.

-Lee-

certainly could, but naturopath is away for 2 weeks, so i'm not scheduled to see her til after the cat scan and office visit with onc.
    Mary
  • AirborneMP
    AirborneMP Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2017 #10
    Options
    goldfinch said:

certainly could, but naturopath is away for 2 weeks, so i'm not scheduled to see her til after the cat scan and office visit with onc.
    Mary

CEA

whet ever happened?

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options

CEA

whet ever happened?

old post

The originator of the post has not been on this site since 2008.  I don't know that anyone here knows what happened.