HAPPY THANKSGIVING

spongebob
spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Good morning, everyone -

Just a quick note before I head off to start cooking. I hope each of you has an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving.

You know, Christmas has a wonderful story about family and togetherness associated with it ("You'll shoot your eye out!" - for my international friends, it's a line from an American movie)

Anyway, I thought it would be appropriate to share a Thanksgiving story with you all:

One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the
traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to
play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the
store.
When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the
stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and
re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.
When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven
and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit
something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia,
you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news,
my sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! Eat well, be merry,live happy.

- SpongeBob

Comments

• betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    That is so funny, have a very Happy Thanksgiving Sponge.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    I am rolling in laughter!!! That is totally hysterical!

Have a great day Sponger! Aren't you glad that post about you and Katie hit the next page so people will quit hounding you about your relationship and you two could get on with life? Sheesh....the invasion SOME people have on another person's privacy!

You and Katie are two adults who are entitled to not have your relationship posted allover the internet! It would be plain wrong to keep re-hashing your happiness and flaunting it in front of the world! (Why yes, I am laughing hysterically, as I'm sure Kerry, Kay, scouty, Lisa Rose and Andy are, too!)

Have a great day my friend....YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Hugs,

Stacy
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member

Have a great day Sponger! Aren't you glad that post about you and Katie hit the next page so people will quit hounding you about your relationship and you two could get on with life? Sheesh....the invasion SOME people have on another person's privacy!

You and Katie are two adults who are entitled to not have your relationship posted allover the internet! It would be plain wrong to keep re-hashing your happiness and flaunting it in front of the world! (Why yes, I am laughing hysterically, as I'm sure Kerry, Kay, scouty, Lisa Rose and Andy are, too!)

Hugs,

Stacy

LMAO!!!

Kerry

P.S. Stacy, did I get it right this time????
  • spongebob

Hugs,

Stacy

Stacy -

i couldn't agree more and HOW can I ever thank you for,essentially, moving that discussion for page 5 back to page 1 so that we can - yet again - endure the incessant rants of you and kerry, and Lisa Rose, and kay, and Scouty, and...

I know you joke because you love us... DITTO, bay-bee!
  • StacyGleaso
    spongebob said:

Stacy -

i couldn't agree more and HOW can I ever thank you for,essentially, moving that discussion for page 5 back to page 1 so that we can - yet again - endure the incessant rants of you and kerry, and Lisa Rose, and kay, and Scouty, and...

I know you joke because you love us... DITTO, bay-bee!

You are exactly right! I wouldn't want my brother with anyone else than the best....and NOW you have found it!!!!

And I wish the ultimate best for you two, and only ask that I get invited to the wedding. Oops....I wasn't supposed to mention THAT now, was I?

Tee hee....

Stacy
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • kerry

You are exactly right! I wouldn't want my brother with anyone else than the best....and NOW you have found it!!!!

And I wish the ultimate best for you two, and only ask that I get invited to the wedding. Oops....I wasn't supposed to mention THAT now, was I?

Tee hee....

Stacy

WEDDING??? Oh, I love weddings! Bob, you know you can't keep secrets from your best buds here!

I want to come to the wedding too!

Hugs,

Kerry
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Sounds just like something I would do....sigh....the world would be a safer, albeit quieter, place, without people like me and mom!!!!

Hugs, your devoted daughter (does that make Katie my MOM???? and how would THAT work?????)
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hello guys,
    enjoy the t-day with family and friends.
    be well
    bruce
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    kerry said:

WEDDING??? Oh, I love weddings! Bob, you know you can't keep secrets from your best buds here!

I want to come to the wedding too!

Hugs,

Kerry

I love weddings also. Name the a date for this Happy Celebration?

Lisa
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Lisa Rose said:

I love weddings also. Name the a date for this Happy Celebration?

Lisa

I never posted anything on that other post but won't miss out this time.......do you wear your swords to your wedding?

What about clothes????????

Lisa P.
  • StacyGleaso
    scouty said:

I never posted anything on that other post but won't miss out this time.......do you wear your swords to your wedding?

What about clothes????????

Lisa P.

LMAO!!! "YES" to the swords...."NO" to the clothes. You do the math....LMAO!!!

My sides are splitting....I thought it was from all the turkey, but instead I'm sure it's from the laughter!

Hugs!!

Stacy
  • spongebob

LMAO!!! "YES" to the swords...."NO" to the clothes. You do the math....LMAO!!!

My sides are splitting....I thought it was from all the turkey, but instead I'm sure it's from the laughter!

Hugs!!

Stacy

OK - a little trivia here. What famous authorwas kicked out of the US Military Academy at West point for showing-up for morning formation wearing nothing but his boots and sword?

Edgar Allen Poe. True. Can we talk about him for a while?
  • kerry
    spongebob said:

OK - a little trivia here. What famous authorwas kicked out of the US Military Academy at West point for showing-up for morning formation wearing nothing but his boots and sword?

Edgar Allen Poe. True. Can we talk about him for a while?

Heavens NO, we can't talk about Edgar Allen Poe, you are much more interesting!!

Now about that wedding......?????

Hugs,

Kerry
  • scouty
    kerry said:

Heavens NO, we can't talk about Edgar Allen Poe, you are much more interesting!!

Now about that wedding......?????

Hugs,

Kerry

But Sponger, if you wear your swords to the wedding, aren't you afraid of providing a "weapon" to your soon to be?????? I guess that means you had better keep her HAPPY!!!!!!!
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    although I don't think anyone can top that one, it calls up a great one from my host today;
    It was time to rotate the turkey, and her brother was offering his assistance. He offered to lift the turkey while she rotated the oven;she actually started to grab the oven..
  • StacyGleaso
    scouty said:

But Sponger, if you wear your swords to the wedding, aren't you afraid of providing a "weapon" to your soon to be?????? I guess that means you had better keep her HAPPY!!!!!!!

Two words....."Lorena Bobbitt"

LMAO,

Stacy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Bob. Wow, I leave town for a day and all sort of information is unveiled.

I loved the Thanksgiving story. Now we know where you get your wittiness.

Hugs,

Kay
  • spongebob

Two words....."Lorena Bobbitt"

LMAO,

Stacy

Fortunately, it's dull and about the only thing it can cut is cake. You guys slay me!
  • scouty
    spongebob said:

Fortunately, it's dull and about the only thing it can cut is cake. You guys slay me!

Well speaking of Lorena Bobbitt, I lived in DC during that time and because of all the press it got, one of the funniest true stories I have even heard didn't get much press.

Neighbors in the same city (Manasas, VA) as the Bobbitt event were awakened one night to the wife next door screaming for help. The police were called and had to break into the house but could hear her screaming for help from upstairs.

The screams were coming from the master bedroom and upon bursting in, the police found the wife butt naked and tied to the bedposts. Lying bedside the bed was a man in a batman costume.

Apparently the husband got a little too excited while in "uniform" and was jumping from the dresser onto the bed when he meet the ceiling fan head on, knocking him out.

I remember almost wrecking my car while listening to the story on the radio.

Lisa P.