Finding new doctors for a move

Simbluej
Simbluej Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me. In a few months I am going to be moving from pennsylvania to colorado. I will be done with treatment by then and I love all my doctors here but I want to make sure I find doctors just as good when I move. I have a list of doctors in my network out there but I don't really know anything about them. Does anyone have any advice on how to find the right doctor for me. I hate to just pick one and hope for the best with no research. Just wondering if there is some secret way to find out that I don't know about. Thanks all!!!

Comments

• nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    I'd start doctor shopping, and interview them when you get there or before. The local register can give you their names & credentials, you can do some web searches and get more detailed information on each
    dr. through AMA, etc.Also ask your present docs to help with suggestions/referrals-they have ways of getting info not available to you..
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    I'd start doctor shopping, and interview them when you get there or before. The local register can give you their names & credentials, you can do some web searches and get more detailed information on each
    dr. through AMA, etc.Also ask your present docs to help with suggestions/referrals-they have ways of getting info not available to you..