Beware the bathroom cleaner!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished all my treatment back in June of this year with radiation. I had been warned that I had a little damage to my left lung from the rads. That was ok.

BUT, last Friday I cleaned the bathroom in a hurry, wasn't watching, and inhaled some of the overspray from the bathroom 'scrubbing bubbles' stuff. I am still suffering, 4 days later. I talked to a friend of mine who has been treated for lung cancer...she says "Stay vigilant...always use a mask."

Something to think about, I'm sure my trouble is temporary, but I sure will remember her advice next time...of course, I could always get someone ELSE to clean the bathroom...hummmmmmm!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• katcam
    katcam Member Posts: 83
    Options
    yes, someone else to clean - that's a great suggestion. i think i will try that at home myself!! lol. hugs, Kat
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Great idea.... Someone else to clean... but seriously I have done the same thing before... I think it only bothered me for 3-4 days.

Take Care...

Susan
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Kathy,
    I thought of you today as I cleaned my bathroom and the rest of the house for Thanksgiving. I remembered to wear gloves and stay away from anything with fumes and harsh smells. I think it helped that you reminded me. Thanks for sharing!!!

cabbott