Need help

Options
2»

Comments

• CAMaura said:

HI **** - First off, I am so sorry that you are experiencing this anxiety. I really am. I know neuropathy...I had it with Folfox 6; I have been out of chemo for a year (little more) and the neuropathy remains -- sometimes worse than others. The good thing is that i continue to work out and take a couple of supplements which can be really helpful for you. Vit B6 is really good -- even while on chemo. Try to take it as soon as you can (200mgs/day) and you should feel an improvement - pretty darn immediately.
    As for the chemo vs. a strong nutritional path, I will only give you my very honest opinion - and it is two-pronged. First, you have finished a substantial portion of chemo presently; one would hope that it would have killed every last cancer cell - and it is especially wonderful that your lymph nodes were not affected. Secondly, the regimens which Lisa and Emily are on sound difficult, but they really are not. I am on one very similar most of the time. Strong, solid nutrition plus supplements and juicing is not difficult - at all. There has been a lot of confrontation about chemo vs not doing chemo, and I do know that this is your choice.But I have been in your shoes...If you stop, it is NOT as if you have not had A LOT of chemo and that is has had a chance to kill a bunch or any rogue cell. I stopped at nine of 12 but for different reasons; my liver was becoming toxic from the chemo and I had to stop.
    Know that you are not a quitter. If you decide to continue, do it very tentatively and watch how you feel. Check your bloodwork to see if the chemicals a taking their toll on your system...It could be causing the depression or it could just be the whole freakin' thing...You are dealing with a lot - and I mean that from my heart.
    I hope I have not been confusing...You CAN handle the alternative nutritional work. I know it because I do it. I chose chemo first, but I am glad that I stopped when I did. I have alsolutely no regrets. The nutrition part is not hard and I honestly enjoy it. You will not believe how empowered you feel. It is very different from chemo because YOU are in the driver's seat. I find that to be very important to me.
    BUT you might still want to continue chemo and do the nutritional work the second you are off of chemo...I do not want to preach a specific regimen to you. I just want you to know - from someone who did both - how it feels. My thought is that you have a week or so before your next treatment. With luck, you will get a few more posts and I think you might want to e-mail Lisa and Emily (if they don't post for you). ****, you have done a substantial amount of chemo...you are NOT a quitter by any means. Try the B6. It will help you regardless of whether you stop chemo or not. B6 really helps with the nerve damage/neuropathy. All the best to you and know I am hoping a clear answer will come to you about your path. Take care - Maura

This comment has been removed by the Moderator