The 5 Stages of Transformation

Options
mssue
mssue Member Posts: 242
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A Woman's VoIcE on Breast Cancer....
ANOTHER VOICE

This experience, all of it, has changed the ground of my being, the tone of my emotions, the tenor of my mind, and the texture of my heart. I suppose each person must discover her own list of essentials. Here are some of mine. I am practicing how to say them precisely, for they are as lovely, perfect, and unique as flowers or gems. I am still revising.

-Be tender to the ones who love me.
-Spend more time with family and friends.
-Hang out with lots of children.
-Stick to what is real.
-Act with courage.
-Stand on the ground of simplicity.
-Be vigilant. Guard my opened eyes. Do not doubt their vision.
-Care for the people who come my way.
-Hold in my heart those who call.
-Cherish this precious gift of life.

--Susan Kuner

Transforming Illness Through Speaking, Listening, and Learning
Women put voice to the journey of breast cancer

I found peace at the center of my soul. The way to live over the edge with peace is simply to go ahead and face the truth.

The Five Stages of Transformation

IMPACT!
(Events)
Cancer diagnosis......(Questions)Did I create this?....(INNER THOUGHTS)No one knows the cause of cancer.... No one can be prepared......(OTHERS SUPPORT)Hold you, hug you, let you cry.

CHAOS!
(EVENTS)
Shock of diagnosis. .......Telling others.
(QUESTIONS)Does death mean I lose?.....Will God help or am I on my own?(INNER THOUGHTS)Facing death. ....Relationship with a power greater than ourselves.
(OTHERS SUPPORT)Resist the urge to say, "Everything will be alright," or that God gave you this.

CHOICES!
(EVENTS)Learning about treatment choices......Deciding what to do..... Having treatment......
(QUESTIONS)Do I hold on or do I let go?.......
(INNER THOUGHTS)Learning to trust......There is no "right" way.......
(OTHERS SUPPORT)Support your treatment choices.......

COMMUNITY!
(EVENTS)Treatment ending.....Recovering from treatment.....Putting a life back together......
(QUESTIONS)From whom must I learn to receive?......From whom must I learn to protect myself?.........
(INNER THOUGHTS)Trust your intuition.....Accept that some people's influence can be harmful.....Ask for what you need.....
(OTHERS SUPPORT)Stay with you through the ups and downs.......

SPIRIT!

(EVENTS)Looking back......Looking forward.....
(QUESTIONS)How can I find peace of mind?.....What have I learned?.....
(INNER THOUGHTS)Digesting the experience..... Whatever happens in life is your spiritual path.......
(OTHERS SUPPORT)Learn from you........

Comments

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello

I love that you posted this! It certainly speaks to me.

wimpy
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    and me...
    I now agree with a new way of thinking and that is we do more than survive and our lives should now be more about THRIVING than just surviving. First we fight for the quality in our lives and then in the bigger picture we are better and know better than we ever have.
    Being our own best friends is a good place to start.
    Love to all,
    Thanks for that Sue,
    Tara