TREATMENT NUMBER 3 TOMORROW

Options
toninasky
toninasky Member Posts: 102
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I go for number 3 A/C tomorrow. So far I can say that I feel great. I have felt a bit tired, but not anything overwhelming. I am still very positive, but I do have days when I wonder if it will come back or if the treatment is even working. I push it out of my mind very quickly though. I wish every one the best of health and healing from this horrid disease. My thoughts are with all of you.
Blessings
Toni

Comments

• Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    I hope you continue to feel fine if a little tired. I never really felt bad sick, just tirder than I would have like to some days.

Take Care... God Bless

Susan
  • kathydaly
    kathydaly Member Posts: 81
    Options
    did u lose ur hair? and i too had not that bad reactions, but i was exhausted, and i have heard about others who were only mildly tired. and i was nauseated, took a pill for that. lost my hair, and i had mouth sores, but i believe that was on the CMF.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Oh, Toni, you will be hugged all day!

Remember the water!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
    (Yesterday I was away from my computer...went to a breast cancer celebration tea....)
  • toninasky
    toninasky Member Posts: 102
    Options
    kathydaly said:

did u lose ur hair? and i too had not that bad reactions, but i was exhausted, and i have heard about others who were only mildly tired. and i was nauseated, took a pill for that. lost my hair, and i had mouth sores, but i believe that was on the CMF.

Well the day is over and I feel fine. I did lose my hair,but still have some eyebrows. The onc said my white cells were way down 2 weeks ago, but are back up to normal today. Kind of scared me a bit, because he said they may have to give me Neulasta if the white cells go to far down, regardless of side effects. Said maybe I won't have the same side effects the second time. I am praying I don't have to have this shot. It was the most horrid thing I have ever gone thru. I told him the only thing that stopped the shaking was Vicodan, but it came back in 3 hours. Said they would put me on Vicodan, but I don't want to continue taking this kind of drug. Perplexing, but I will put my trust in God. I have a good doctor, and I believe that God will guide both he and I.
    He also said that the Taxol would be much easier than the A/C. If that is the case I should really be fine. Then the 5 weeks of radiation. He is still giving me a very positive prognosis.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Blessings to all
    Toni
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    toninasky said:

Well the day is over and I feel fine. I did lose my hair,but still have some eyebrows. The onc said my white cells were way down 2 weeks ago, but are back up to normal today. Kind of scared me a bit, because he said they may have to give me Neulasta if the white cells go to far down, regardless of side effects. Said maybe I won't have the same side effects the second time. I am praying I don't have to have this shot. It was the most horrid thing I have ever gone thru. I told him the only thing that stopped the shaking was Vicodan, but it came back in 3 hours. Said they would put me on Vicodan, but I don't want to continue taking this kind of drug. Perplexing, but I will put my trust in God. I have a good doctor, and I believe that God will guide both he and I.
    He also said that the Taxol would be much easier than the A/C. If that is the case I should really be fine. Then the 5 weeks of radiation. He is still giving me a very positive prognosis.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Blessings to all
    Toni

Toni,
    If they decide that you need something for your white blood cell count, try to get them to let you use, Neupogen instead of Neulasta. You have to have the shot daily (for up to 10 days - mine ranged from 4 to 10 days according on how low my counts were). I had much better side effect management with Neupogene. By spreading out the dose it also doesn't over saturate you body all at once.