CMF and Hair Loss

Options
karenack
karenack Member Posts: 90
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am curious to know what side effects that any of you encountered including hair loss with CMF. Thanks!

Comments

• kathydaly
    kathydaly Member Posts: 81
    Options
    hi there, karenack, i had done aydriomysin(sp) 1st, and that was when i lost my hair, and when i went on CMF is when it started growing back, so that was 1 of my experience's with it.

i had 1 other that was v rare, so i really don't want to go into it, but there was an immediate solution, and other than that CMF was not that bad at all.

so try to go into it with a lighter heart, much love and care, kathy
  • karenack
    Options
    kathydaly said:

hi there, karenack, i had done aydriomysin(sp) 1st, and that was when i lost my hair, and when i went on CMF is when it started growing back, so that was 1 of my experience's with it.

i had 1 other that was v rare, so i really don't want to go into it, but there was an immediate solution, and other than that CMF was not that bad at all.

so try to go into it with a lighter heart, much love and care, kathy

Thanks, Kathy! I appreciate you sharing your experience with me. I am hopeful that my body can tolerate the AC. I would much rather go through 3 months of chemo instead of 6 months of CMF. I was just trying to learn about the differences between the two besides the time it takes to get through each. Thanks again!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I was successful on ACT....BUT, for the rectal cancer, F (5FU) didn't cause my hair loss, and, from all I can find, neither does the M (methltrexate...or however it's spelled). Hair thinning, I would suppose. The A (adriamycin) is the one in ACT that causes the initial hair loss, but the T (Taxol) wiped out my eyebrows and eyelashes, which, till then, I had managed to save...sigh...
    That said, 6 months post-chemo, 3 months post-anything....my hair (ALL of it hehehehe) is back!

Hugs, Kathi
  • karenack
    Options
    KathiM said:

I was successful on ACT....BUT, for the rectal cancer, F (5FU) didn't cause my hair loss, and, from all I can find, neither does the M (methltrexate...or however it's spelled). Hair thinning, I would suppose. The A (adriamycin) is the one in ACT that causes the initial hair loss, but the T (Taxol) wiped out my eyebrows and eyelashes, which, till then, I had managed to save...sigh...
    That said, 6 months post-chemo, 3 months post-anything....my hair (ALL of it hehehehe) is back!

Hugs, Kathi

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was lucky enough with my cervical cancer that I didn't have to have any treatment after my hysterectomy so this is all new to me and I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious about it all.