I am port-less as of 10 am!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So, I had my port removed at 10am day care surgery. I am taking tylenol, but thanks to you guys and your input...I don't expect anything worse.
So, the beast cannot come again.....I have no way to treat it!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Options
    Kathi,

That is great!!! Also, I wanted to tell you that I am so happy your MRI came back negative!!! I haven't been on the site in a while, so I just noticed that post. You are right, you have no way of treating the beast now, so it can't come back!!!

-Lee-
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie, "Portless in Seattle"!!!!!! Makes me happy, too!

Stacy
  • KathiM
    Options
    pink05 said:

Kathi,

That is great!!! Also, I wanted to tell you that I am so happy your MRI came back negative!!! I haven't been on the site in a while, so I just noticed that post. You are right, you have no way of treating the beast now, so it can't come back!!!

-Lee-

Lee,
    I was worried about you....
    Thanks, yeah...the beast is GONE!!!! and the pink breast....well, just lymphodema....I get to stroke it and massage it...hummmmmmm

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options

I LOVE that Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie, "Portless in Seattle"!!!!!! Makes me happy, too!

Stacy

Stacy....
    I'm STILL recovering from the spincter sport...this one has sent me off again!!!

Thank you for the laugh.....

Hugs, Kathi
  • JADot
    JADot Member Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo! What a milestone to celebrate! Congrats!

Cheers,
    Ying
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am happy for you!
  • CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I LOVED having mine taken out...Had it done in the surgeon's office and it was like he was pulling a barnacle off (really tough), but I was still super happy. I hope you feel the sort of emancipation which I felt. Wishing you the BEST - Maura
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    THAT'S GREAT!!! How long after treatment did you wait to have it removed. My treatment will be over on 19 Jan 07 and will need my colon reconnected sometime after that.

If you don't mind, tell me about your self and what type of cancer you have survived.
  • Patrusha
    Patrusha Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Yeah, Kathi!!! I am sooooo happy for you. I have this love-hate thing with my port but, between you me and the wall, I won't miss it when it's gone! Happy dancing for you today!