Good Receipes for Vegs & Fruit

nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am on FLOFOX Regime which includes Oxiplatin which does not allow cold drinks, food and weather. So I was hoping someone had some good receipes for Vegs and Fruit.

Since I can't have cold items, I have been VERY BAD and eating bad things like subs, chips, french fries, steak, etc., but also trying to eat chicken, vegs, etc

Comments

• Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Try Juicing. Although the food does come right from the fridge I did not find it difficult to drink because it does get warmed up a bit in the juicing process. I juice beets, carrots, kale and chard with a small apple. Lots of fiber and lots of god raw veggies.

Mark
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    I didn't care for extremely cold (ice water or iced soda) or hot things but ice cream and shakes, and soup that was not too hot didn't bother me. Just try to stay away from extremes of cold or hot. jams
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Hi Nudgie,

I'm glad you are eating at least. So stay positive because it is hard to "eat healthy" when you feel rotten from the chemo. Have you tried going to a healthfood store? Or you can now get lots of healthy stuff (organic and such) right at the grocery stores. Like Limey said though there is no replacement for just raw veggies and fruit. Fruit always tasted so good to me when on chemo. Also, there is a V8 Juice called Vfusion that is good. Has lots of veggies and fruits without the cost/time of a juicer. (sorry 2bhealed and Scouty) I do love to juice but when feeling sick sometimes it is hard to do. Try pasta but wheat pasta. Stuff like that. Good luck and it does get better. HUGS.

Lisa F.
  • Patrusha
    Patrusha Member Posts: 487

Hi Nudgie,

I'm glad you are eating at least. So stay positive because it is hard to "eat healthy" when you feel rotten from the chemo. Have you tried going to a healthfood store? Or you can now get lots of healthy stuff (organic and such) right at the grocery stores. Like Limey said though there is no replacement for just raw veggies and fruit. Fruit always tasted so good to me when on chemo. Also, there is a V8 Juice called Vfusion that is good. Has lots of veggies and fruits without the cost/time of a juicer. (sorry 2bhealed and Scouty) I do love to juice but when feeling sick sometimes it is hard to do. Try pasta but wheat pasta. Stuff like that. Good luck and it does get better. HUGS.

Lisa F.

You know what I find helps me, Nudgie? If I swish the cold stuff around in my mouth for a few seconds, then it doesn't seem to bother my throat so much when I swallow. When I am out to a restaurant I ask for a drink "without ice" and I seem to do OK, too. It's not the greatest, but it's not too bad. Maybe I'm just lucky that way. I like the idea of the Vfusion juice. I want to do juicing, but right now I can't find my kitchen counter (renovating) so I have to go with the single apple, banana or room-temp carrot for now!