RC woes

NIMAH
NIMAH Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thanks to all of you who responded. Surgeon gave me the green light to begin treatments...I go Wed. for ct scan with radio onc. Once that is set up I will get my picc line and chemo and radio start at same time...probably start sometime in first few days oc Oct. Interested in surgeon who specializes in low recections...Keith

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Dear Keith,
    I wish you the very best for your treatment. Please do let us know how you are feeling.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eleonora
  • cardinallady
    cardinallady Member Posts: 12
    Ask around, my surgeon was actually recommended by a competing hospital.Her name is Susan Galandiuk at U of Louisville Hospital. She not only specializes in the resection but is very aggressive in finding and taking out nodes. Good wishes coming your way....Pam
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Dr. Michael Stamos. University of California, Irvine Medical Center. (714)345-6789 He's the one that all the surgeons in this area of So California send their patients to that are too low..mine was in the first rectal fold. 3% of his patients require a temp bag...only 3%...I never did...lost rectum, sig colon....using my new plumbing the night after surgery....

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    KathiM said:

Dr. Michael Stamos. University of California, Irvine Medical Center. (714)345-6789 He's the one that all the surgeons in this area of So California send their patients to that are too low..mine was in the first rectal fold. 3% of his patients require a temp bag...only 3%...I never did...lost rectum, sig colon....using my new plumbing the night after surgery....

Hugs, Kathi

Darn chemo brain! (714) 456-7890. I promise. He's the chief of surgery. Sigh....be gone, chemo brain, be gone!