Ok, I'm done with canceritis....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, the last 3 weeks have been a bit of a challenge to my normal optimism....

First, Visual auras, headaches, phantom smells... Brain mets????? Results Tuesday last....'normal' brain.

Second, red, swollen 'special' breast....Inflammatory Breast Cancer?.....results yesterday....cellulitis....500mg Keflex, 4 times daily.....

WHEW!!!! So, the bottom line is....

This has been all in my 'normal' (yea!) head!!!!

I curse the beast for scaring me....just DON"T do it again, beast!!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Next week, Celebration on the Hill....can I get arrested for naked happy dancing on the streets of D.C.?????

Comments

• lovonna
    lovonna Member Posts: 78
    Kathi So glad to hear you have a "normal" brain! I went down the cellulitis road, only mine was in my arm pit. The antibiotic gave me a few problems. So happy yours wasn't anything more severe!

Take Care & God Bless, LoVonna
  • krkath
    krkath Member Posts: 72
    Hi Kathi,
    WHEW! HOORAY for you!
    I know we who are surviving are totally in touch with our bodies and NO wonder we get leary when our bodies start acting differently than the regular healing aches and pains we deal with daily.
    I know I was stressed last week with kidney pain, no appetite, really bad heartburn and my head felt really weird. Went to my Primary and she gave me a bunch of blood tests. I'm waiting for results, but she asked if I was depressed and wanted to talk to my best friend (who was and is my caretaker, now when need be). SO, I asked her if she "Thought it was ALL in my head?" She is my Primary but it still seems there are those out there that think...You've been thru surgery, chemo, rads so you don't have any cancer. So,get over it.
    I'm so glad your tests came back good. And yes even you must have days when the sense of humor is diminished by fear. HELL, we're human and we all of us look up at you SO much for your positive attitude and great sense of humor. God bless you Kathi and naked dance all you want! (Maybe not in D.C) He He.
    Kathy R.
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    I think we would all come and bail you out if you got arested for the Happy Naked Dance..... Of course the D.C. police.... probably just wouldn't understand.... but hey we all deserve to be allowed to be just more that a little quirky....

Take Care... God Bless...

And have a great time on the Hill.

Susan
  • ireneingeorgia
    ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Kathi. I'm glad everything is ok. Our minds can be our worst enemies. All of us have to learn not to jump to the worst conclusions as hard as it is. I am doing the Dance for you!

I just had my first mammo and sonogram after chemo, and it came out good, but nerve wracking it was! I understand, each pain you feel get you in the gut. One day at a time friend.
    Love
    Irene