Symptoms/age when diagnosed

Options
2»

Comments

• LLLady
    LLLady Member Posts: 67
    Options
    My husband Duey was Diagnosed at 41
    His symptoms were bleeding, cramps in his low belly area, vomiting after eating, and weight loss 40 pounds in 5 months
    He had a tumor the size of a man fist pressing on his bladder in his sigmoid colon that the colonoscopy could not get passed.
  • CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Age 49. Stage III rectal cancer. Loose stool, finally back pain when my 2 INCH tumor pressed against my tailbone!!!!!! sigh...thought to have been growing 3-4 years...
    Stage IIb breast cancer followed 3 months after...I'm special!!!!
    Hugs, Kathi

Age 47 with chest pains (lack of oxygen to heart due to loss of half of red blood cells), fatigue, persistent headaches, elevated heart rate, white as a sheet; diagnosed in October, 2004, Stage III, tumor at cecum, golf-ball in size (3 lymph nodes involved).
  • rthornton
    rthornton Member Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed stage four with liver mets at age 35 in May of 2005, went into remission and then had a recurrence in July of 2006 which was surgically resected. My original symptoms were diarrhea every day for about a month.
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    I had emergency colon surgery on 10 July 06 and was told by my surgeon that a tumor was causing my bowel blockage. The tumor was estimated to be between the size of a nickel and a quarter. Got path report which stated it was a Stage II with no lymph node involvement and did not spread. I am currently undergoing chemotherapy every other week for 6 months. According to my doctors this is for precautionary and insurance measures. I question in my mind whether I really need the treatment, another story.

I als had issues with bowel movements as far back as I can remember (I am 42). To help relieve this issue I would take an over the counter product. Started seeing a GI doctor about my constipation issue and he stated I needed a high fiber diet and to also continue to use the over counter product for releif. I kick myself for not demanding a colonoscopy, but I guess we rely too much on what docs tell us. My sympstons got to the point that I looked like I was 2-3 months pregant, could not have a blowel movement no matter what I took or what the hopsital gave me, lost weight, went from 130lbs to 114lbs. That is why it was an emergency surgery.

I hop this helps
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Age 44. Emergency surgery due to unbearable pain on left hand side and throwing up some horrible stuff like yo'd see on Alien. Stage 4.

Margo
  • Arex630
    Arex630 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Michele,
    I was diagnosed May 05 with stage IV small bowel cancer at 51 following emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage. At the same time I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease! I had digestive issues - bloating/diahrea for years which I controlled with diet. I had lost a lot of weight (30+ lbs) but I thought that was caused by my bad gallbladder which I had out 5 months prior to my cancer DX.
    Interesting survey - thanks for asking the question!