Test Results...

Options
inkblot
inkblot Member Posts: 698 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey Ladies,

Results finally in!

Colonoscopy: Six polyps removed. ALL BENIGN! Yeah!
Endoscopy: Normal except for one spot bx'd. Shows some mild reflux. Of which I have no symptoms so no treatment needed. Double Yeah!

Next step: Tests for Non-tropical Sprue next week to be followed by repeat hemmocult in another week. Reason: Doc says that none of the polyps were bleeding and only one appeared to "perhaps have been hemorrhagic" at some point prior, so inconclusive whether the polyps were the cause of my iron loss. Guess they want to rule out any other causes of the anemia and be certain I'm not still losing blood. Beyond that, more blood work in about 3 months to determine whether the anemia is improving.

After researching Sprue, I gave it up. One intimidating condition! Seems that the necessary gluten-free diet is quite a beast to accomplish...made me tired just thinking about managing such a diet. LOL Seriously, it seems quite an undertaking and my heart goes out to anyone needing to deal with it.

Hope everyone has lovely weekend weather to enjoy.

Love, light and laughter,
Ink

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!!

Naked happy dance for the scopy news!!!!!

Keep fighting for the answer....it will come, too!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Glad to hear that you have gotten some good results... Let's hope that everything will turn out for the good.

Take care... God Bless...

Susan
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, long time no see. Did not know about the sprue, but hey at least it's not the "big C".
    Love you. God bless.
    hummingbyrd