Re-done Lumpectomy

Aim136
Aim136 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had 6 chemo treatments this summer to shrink my tumor before lumpectomy. I had my lumpectomy 2 weeks ago, Lymph nodes negative, but now have to go back because Dr. found PRE-CANCER cells near my chest wall. Has anyone ever had this done? I am getting alittle freaked out!!!!
Thanks,
Aimee

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Don't freak out now, dearheart....the hard part is over....PRE cancer is much better to find than the full-out version. Cheers for your surgeon!
    On my personal side, no...I had clear margins, sentinel nodes removed, and the 5 after because of cancer in the sentinels...one stop shop...

Hugs....together we can get thru anything!
    Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    KathiM said:

Don't freak out now, dearheart....the hard part is over....PRE cancer is much better to find than the full-out version. Cheers for your surgeon!
    On my personal side, no...I had clear margins, sentinel nodes removed, and the 5 after because of cancer in the sentinels...one stop shop...

Hugs....together we can get thru anything!
    Kathi

BUT, I was diagnosed, as you may know, just 9 months earlier with rectal cancer...stage III...I wasn't about to destroy my victory there by not fighting as hard and as long as needed with the breast cancer....
    Hugs, Kathi
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    I had to have a lumpetomy and then what they called a reincission to get adequate margin on one side. It turned out just fine and in fact the second time my surgeon managed to make the scar look better than the first time.

So lets hope that you will be as lucky. And yes like Kathy says you have the hard part behind you.

Take Care... God Bless...

Susan
  • toninasky
    toninasky Member Posts: 102
    Don't freak, better to find pre cancerous before it turns into the ugly Big C. Think Positive. Prayers are with you, you will survive.
    Blessings,
    Toni
  • Aim136
    Aim136 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks everyone! My husband has tried to tell me the same thing but I just can't get it out of my head. I thought it was over-except for radiation & now they find these. My surgeon is great though-she said she could leave them & I may be fine, but since I'm 31 she wasn't willing to do that. I go tomarrow for my rincission 7am sharp-getting my mind in positive thinking mode!!! Again thank you & I'm sure my husband thanks you for the reassurance he can't seem to give me completely no matter how hard he tries.
  • lindaanderson
    lindaanderson Member Posts: 4
    I had to go back 10 days after my first lumpectomy because the margins were not clear. The only bad part is the healing time is delayed. Linda A