WOW FIRST TREATMENT OVER

Options
toninasky
toninasky Member Posts: 102
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
Well the first Chemo really easy. I went in at 11:00 and left at 2:30. This is day 2 Saturday, and I have had no nausea, no tiredness. I feel just fine, except for a weight gain from the steroid, and some blurred vision for a bit today. I have a question for all of you today. I go again in 3 weeks, and I am wondering if this one was this easy, do the rest get a bit harder or do they get a bit harder???
And for all the suggestions I thank all of you, and I am drinking drinking and drinking. Mostly flavored water and green iced tea.

Thanks again friends.
Toni

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was my 'hampster in a wheel' day....day 3, afternoon...well, I didn't plan anything after day 2 till day 5....then I was just fine....
    You WILL find your rhythm...everyone is different...my fav story is about a gal 1 treatment in front of me....no reaction AT ALL...except a little more tired...she was the one that shared about the water....
    Here's to you being just like her....could be some of my trouble was because I had just finished the chemo for the Colon cancer 6 months before....
    Ask for a copy of your lab reports from your oncologist...you can watch (I said WATCH, not WORRY ABOUT) your white and red cell counts...

Great news! 1 down, 7 to go (right?)
    Hugs, kathi
  • toninasky
    Options
    KathiM said:

Day 2 was my 'hampster in a wheel' day....day 3, afternoon...well, I didn't plan anything after day 2 till day 5....then I was just fine....
    You WILL find your rhythm...everyone is different...my fav story is about a gal 1 treatment in front of me....no reaction AT ALL...except a little more tired...she was the one that shared about the water....
    Here's to you being just like her....could be some of my trouble was because I had just finished the chemo for the Colon cancer 6 months before....
    Ask for a copy of your lab reports from your oncologist...you can watch (I said WATCH, not WORRY ABOUT) your white and red cell counts...

Great news! 1 down, 7 to go (right?)
    Hugs, kathi

Hi Kathi
    How hard it must have been for you to go from colon to breast cancer? My hats off to you for your courage.
    No, I actually have 15 treatments to go with chemo and then 5 weeks of radiation.
    The chemo is adriamycin and cytoxan 1 every 3 weeks for 4 treatments, and then 12 treatments, once a week of low dose taxol.
    Thanks for the words of wisdom re blood cts. I have already been given a sheet that explains the cts, and how to read them. My oncologist seems to be very good with giving information re treatment.
    Blessings to you
    Toni
  • Mosis50
    Mosis50 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Toni,
    Congratulations on getting your first treatment behind you. Take advantage of every day you feel good. The third day was when I started feeling bad and it lasted about a week. Then started feeling better and was feeling good by the time the next treatment started. That was my rhythm and I was able to continue to work during most of the treatments. God Bless You!! Susan (a three-year survivor)
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Glad you have your first treatment down. I hope today was not too bad for you. My third day was always the worst. So if you had a bad day today... know that tomorrow will be better. Normally I felt kind of lousey on Day 3 & 4. But after that I would feel pretty good until Day 3 of the next treatment cycle.

Keep up the great attitude and this will be behind you and you will be ready for the rest of your healthy life.

Take Care... God Bless,

Susan
  • Aim136
    Aim136 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey! I am so glad everything went well for you! I done very well with all of my treatments-I was alittle sick at my stomach the day of & day after,(but not bad) & alittle tired. I had it on Wed. & by Sunday I was completely back to normal. I think alot of mine was mental- the closer I got to tx center the sicker I got with NO meds!!! Just keep positive & determined!!!!!
    Aimee
  • toninasky
    Options
    Hi Susan and Aimee, and everyone

It is scary, I feel so good. I am on day 4, and still not one side effect. Had the neulasta shot today, and a bit of a headache. I think I am dreaming. What a blessing. I also had some issue with taking Vitamin C. Heard many say you should not take. I have been taking 1000 mg twice a day for a long time, and when I went to the onc's today I asked. The oncology nurse said keep taking it as long as not a mega dose. I really really feel good. Hope that I can continue. I know I have a long road, but again, HIS WILL BE DONE.

Blessings to all
  • ylgriffin1
    ylgriffin1 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    toninasky said:

Hi Susan and Aimee, and everyone

It is scary, I feel so good. I am on day 4, and still not one side effect. Had the neulasta shot today, and a bit of a headache. I think I am dreaming. What a blessing. I also had some issue with taking Vitamin C. Heard many say you should not take. I have been taking 1000 mg twice a day for a long time, and when I went to the onc's today I asked. The oncology nurse said keep taking it as long as not a mega dose. I really really feel good. Hope that I can continue. I know I have a long road, but again, HIS WILL BE DONE.

Blessings to all

hi, i replied to your other message b4 your trtmnt. good to hear ur doing well. god bless!!
    yvette
  • deuschland
    deuschland Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hope you continue to feel good. I had chemo almost 2 years ago. I had Adria and Cytoxan. I did loose my hair, but that did not bother me, not having hair did not change my spirit. I was fortunate, I only got sick from nausea one time, and that was the night after my 1st treatment. As time went on I got very tired. But I was not going to allow it to keep my down. I went on with my life as normal. The hardest part for me was knowing what to eat. Nothing ever sounded good to me and things that I used to love the thought of them made me feel nauseous.

I hope you make it through this with minimal side effects. Best of luck to you!

Ingrid