bereavement Support Group

mindy10
mindy10 Member Posts: 182 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi, does anyone know of a Bereavement Support Group thats on-line. I really would like to correspond with people that have lost loved ones. I cant join one outside of the house because I have a 19 month old and its hard to find babysitters. Most of them are during the morning and my husband is at work. Thanks Mindy

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Hi Mindy,

You may want to call your local chapter of American Cancer Society or just their general 800 number. They might be able to steer you in the right direction. Local churches usually have support groups like this.

Hope you find one.

Hang in there. Time will heal.

Best Regards, Eleonora
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Mindy -

There are two discussion boards here at CSN; "Emotional Support" and "Surviving Caregivers". The latter group seems to be fairly inactive (last post appears to be March), the other group is more current but may not be exactly what you're looking for. Try also:

www.griefwatch.com/support_groups.htm or

www.dmoz.org/Health/Mental_Health/Grief,_Loss_and_Bereavement/Support_Groups/
    (a Christian-based board) or

www.death-dying.com/

The last group appears to be focused on grief support for family members dealing with end-of-life issues with a loved one and may fit your bill exactly.

I hope you are able to find some comfort in one of these groups or another.

Peace

- SpongeBob