I was wrong

lovonna
lovonna Member Posts: 78
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Bandages still on, said it would be too painfull to take off right now. Good news is that everything appears to be healing well.

LoVonna

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I HATE pain!!!!!! All of this will soon pass, just take it slow...
    I still have my port, the last sign of my fight, and can't even START the process until August...little thing...but I get impatient...it's been a 19-month solid fight!!!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • lovonna
    Kathi
    If you can fight it out 19 months, I shouldn't be complaining at all at just 6.

I just want my life back! Want my tastes back, my energy back, appetite back. O.K. O.K. I will shut up and take it day by day.

Hugs back to ya, LoVonna
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    It is so hard to be patient.... I know that I just couldn't wait to get my energy back... and my hair... (short as it is ... it is so nice to have it back) Go do something nice for yourself. I did it today and it felt so nice. I had gone to a business meeting for the last two days... it was at a first class hotel. So to reward myself for having made it through the last year, I got a facial. It felt great... like to took off some of the stress of the last year.

Be good to yourself... and yes take it one day at a time... and before long... you will realize that you have your life back... but you will have a new perspective on life that will make future problems seem easier.

Susan...
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    lovonna said:

Kathi
    If you can fight it out 19 months, I shouldn't be complaining at all at just 6.

I just want my life back! Want my tastes back, my energy back, appetite back. O.K. O.K. I will shut up and take it day by day.

Hugs back to ya, LoVonna

You are just as much a hero and inspiration as I am...don't ever feel like anything else!

Many people would NOT be able to face what you have faced, and keep a great attitude!
    But, after all is said and done, it IS just temporary...I have finished my fight...and now, just a few months later, If you didn't know, you wouldn't know...I have my slow days, but that's ok too....
    You are such a trooper!
    Hugs again!
    Kathi
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Good, glad everything is healing well. I agree. Wait to take off the bandages if you'll be in more pain. You have suffered enough.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • lovonna
    This message board has been so great for me. You ladies help keep me going! So nice to hear from people who have or are traveling the same road.

Thanks again and God Bless
    LoVonna