Federal Law on bc..

pansylover
pansylover Member Posts: 80
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i do not recall If I posted this request before. I was wondering what the wording is in the federal law on breast cancer survivors,if this include us who have opted NOT to have reconstruction? I have written to the politicans in my district but have not heard anything yet. I have put it in GOOGLE but I do not know if this is correct and reading it right...any help would be appreciated.
Cindie

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Bear with me, I'm going to say a funny...
    Federal Law on bc...what...it's illegal now???
    Ok, got that out...whew...
    I'm a confused bear...federal law on bc survivors concerning what aspect?
    Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    KathiM said:

Bear with me, I'm going to say a funny...
    Federal Law on bc...what...it's illegal now???
    Ok, got that out...whew...
    I'm a confused bear...federal law on bc survivors concerning what aspect?
    Hugs, Kathi

And, for eligibility for being a breast cancer survivor...if you had it, yup, you qualify...regardless of remaining breast, breast reconstruction, or just plain removal...
    NOW you have my curiousity peaked...please tell me...PLEASE???
    Hugs, Kathi
  • lovonna
    lovonna Member Posts: 78
    I'm in line right behind Kathy.............Confused bear also........PLEASE fill me in!!!!!!

LoVonna
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Dish! What are we talking about here? I lost my job because of BC.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • tlmac
    tlmac Member Posts: 272 Member
    The federal women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 requires that benefits must be provided for:
    -Reconstruction of a surgically removed breast;
    -Surgery and reconstruction of the other breast to produce a symmetrical appearance; and
    -Prostheses and treatment for physical complications from all stages of mastectomy, including lymphedemas.
    You can read more about it here:
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:QmrcHG1MJiIJ:www.egsbrokerage.com/articles/wmcanceract.htm+Women’s+Health+and+Cancer+Rights+Act+of+1998&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

Hope this helps.
    terri
  • pansylover
    pansylover Member Posts: 80
    tlmac said:

The federal women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 requires that benefits must be provided for:
    -Reconstruction of a surgically removed breast;
    -Surgery and reconstruction of the other breast to produce a symmetrical appearance; and
    -Prostheses and treatment for physical complications from all stages of mastectomy, including lymphedemas.
    You can read more about it here:
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:QmrcHG1MJiIJ:www.egsbrokerage.com/articles/wmcanceract.htm+Women’s+Health+and+Cancer+Rights+Act+of+1998&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

Hope this helps.
    terri

Thank you Terri! that is what I was looking for. I just did not know the particulars of it,since I had no problems w/ ANY insurance until this last one. I get so riled about it I am going to have my Husband do the talking cuz I'll just fly off the handle and that will get me no where.
    thanks again! :)
    ((((Hugs)))) Cindie