Swollen breast

titaM
titaM Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My aunt's breast is very swollen, it is the same side that she had a lumpectomy and hand gets swollen, and now has a rash spot. She told the dr one month ago and they haven't done or said anything about it. I could not believe how swolen her breast is but her legs are very swollen and they haven't done anything. Does anyone know what it could be from?

Thanks for all your advice.
Nannette

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Nannette,
    I would REALLY suggest another doctor's opinion...doesn't sound like this one is giving your aunt a full serious look...even if she can see her primary care...just some OTHER pair of eyes!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    When I was in treatement with Taxol, my hands and feet were pretty swollen. I hurt to walk and to use my hands to pick up stuff. But I never felt like my breast was swollen. I did get a rash during radiation. But I agree with others get a second medical opionion. I know that it was very important to me to have a Doctor and Nursing staff that I felt like I could talk to. So if the current group isn't answering questions and being responsive look for a group that will be.

Take Care... God Bless..

Susan
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    I agree with everyone. Perhaps you can go with her to see a doctor and take a tape recorder. It is often difficult to remember what the doctor says. YOu need to know if the swelling is lymphedema in the arm and breast and what the rash is. Good luck.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • titaM
    Thank you all for responding, you are great and help us a lot. We are seeing another doctor next Wednesday, that's the soonest they could see her. I will let you know. Hope this one is better.

Nannette
  • titaM
    KathiM said:

Nannette,
    I would REALLY suggest another doctor's opinion...doesn't sound like this one is giving your aunt a full serious look...even if she can see her primary care...just some OTHER pair of eyes!
    Hugs, Kathi

Thank you for your support. We are going to a new dr. next Wednesday it's the soonest they had an opening.

Nannette
  • titaM
    Susan956 said:

When I was in treatement with Taxol, my hands and feet were pretty swollen. I hurt to walk and to use my hands to pick up stuff. But I never felt like my breast was swollen. I did get a rash during radiation. But I agree with others get a second medical opionion. I know that it was very important to me to have a Doctor and Nursing staff that I felt like I could talk to. So if the current group isn't answering questions and being responsive look for a group that will be.

Take Care... God Bless..

Susan

Tahnk you for the information and your support. I read that taxoter causes swelling too, we can't seem to get any answrs. We have an appointment with a new doctor next Wed. That was the earliest they could see her.

Nannette
  • titaM
    LesleyH said:

I agree with everyone. Perhaps you can go with her to see a doctor and take a tape recorder. It is often difficult to remember what the doctor says. YOu need to know if the swelling is lymphedema in the arm and breast and what the rash is. Good luck.

Hugs.

Lesley

I have and my brother has gone with her and together we have been there, they say they don't know what the swelling is from and if it is from the treatment, cancer, or what. We scheduled an appointment to see a new dr. next Wednesday. That was the earliest we could get in.

Nannette