Bad News

Options
2»

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    TennisLover, I'm sorry to hear about your lungs. Just to share with you, I thought I was done with my colon cancer (stage IV) last year after having a colon resection, liver resection (60% removed and hepatic pump installed) and 6 more months of chemo. Then I found out I had 10 or so mets in my lungs. I went on Erbitux and CPT11 and at the end of April of this year, they surgically removed the two small mets that did not disapear from the chemo. What drugs are you going on? I had wonderful results with the Erbitux. some side effects suck but they go away when you stop.
    Hang in there, it's not the end. It took me a year but I got rid of them. Only 5-6 more months of chemo and I'm done. It will have taken 3 years.
    -phil
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

TennisLover, I'm sorry to hear about your lungs. Just to share with you, I thought I was done with my colon cancer (stage IV) last year after having a colon resection, liver resection (60% removed and hepatic pump installed) and 6 more months of chemo. Then I found out I had 10 or so mets in my lungs. I went on Erbitux and CPT11 and at the end of April of this year, they surgically removed the two small mets that did not disapear from the chemo. What drugs are you going on? I had wonderful results with the Erbitux. some side effects suck but they go away when you stop.
    Hang in there, it's not the end. It took me a year but I got rid of them. Only 5-6 more months of chemo and I'm done. It will have taken 3 years.
    -phil

Hi...I was fortunate enough to meet some of those who have replied to you here.(Jana,JADot,jerseysue,Kanort, Scouty, Nanuk and Debralla) They all radiate the wonderfull attitude that this disease can be fought well with some wonderfull outcomes. Even tho some of them still are having ongoing treatment they all have the courage to go on "believing". I am proud to have met them but more so I want to tell you that they, by the very messages they leave for you, inspire HOPE and faith. All is not lost....heed their messages with inspiration!
    huggs, Ross and Jen
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Tennis lover
    Just want to add that my thoughts are with you. Fight, fight fight
    Margo
  • pepperdog
    pepperdog Member Posts: 96
    Options
    You are not alone. Get mad and get better. You can do it.