SCLC and LEMS

edutchman
edutchman Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I have just been dxed with SCLC. I am almost done with 3 weeks of twice a day radiation and two times of 3 week cemo. The reason they found the lung cancer was that I had muscle weakness in my legs. Two doctors could not find anything wrong so I went to a nuerologist. He Thought I had Myasthenia gravis. He Ordered a cat scan to check the thymus and set me up to have the thymus removed. Well the doctor who was going to do it noticed a nodule and said to get that checked out first. Long story short they did a biopsy and said I had SCLC. Then the neuro did a special blood test and found out it is not MG but Lambert Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome. Is there anybody out there who has this? I have not found anybody else. Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• sierrah3
    sierrah3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi edutchman, i like you have found it hard to contact others with this illness. I was firstly diagnosed with Lambert Eaton, then they looked for the tumour and it was found i had SCLC in the lymph nodes but it had luckily not spread, i underwent 5 days a week of radiation and 3days of chemo every 3 weeks, i have just today had my last treatment of chemo and have been given the news the tumour is gone, so now its a matter of waiting and seeing if i get any further tumours. I wish you all the best with your fight with this disease.
  • edutchman
    sierrah3 said:

Hi edutchman, i like you have found it hard to contact others with this illness. I was firstly diagnosed with Lambert Eaton, then they looked for the tumour and it was found i had SCLC in the lymph nodes but it had luckily not spread, i underwent 5 days a week of radiation and 3days of chemo every 3 weeks, i have just today had my last treatment of chemo and have been given the news the tumour is gone, so now its a matter of waiting and seeing if i get any further tumours. I wish you all the best with your fight with this disease.

Thanks for your reply. What are you taking for the LEMS and how bad is your LEMS. I sounds like we are both taking the same treatments for the SCLC. I had radiation for 15 days twice a day and had 3 sets of Chemo for 3 days and a nulasta shot of the fourth day. Then I am off for two weeks. The Doc thinks 4 or 6 secessions on the Chemo. Have you noticed your LEMS getting better as you turmor is gone? I live in Corpus Christi Texas.
  • edutchman
    sierrah3 said:

I just wanted to check on how your LEMS is doing. Mine seems to be a little better as I have finished my 5th secession of Chemo. My cat sacan showed the tumor has reduced in size by 2/3. Hope all is well with you. By the way I am taking guanadine for the Lems.