Hematoma after 2nd lumpectomy

Options
Nudge
Nudge Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone, I am just looking for a little guidance. I have had a second lumpectomy which paid off to be the right choice. All my doctors and reports say now they have gotten all the cancer with clear margins. I am happy about this news. I know I still have a long recovery and treatment ahead of me but it is still the best news I have heard ever. My one problem. I have developed a hematoma from this 2nd surgery. My doctor have evacuated it 2x already but it continues to come back and will not disolve. I am concerned about this. My dr does not seem to be concerned. I have not been able to find any information about what I can do more to help the hematoma to dissolve. Any ideas? You help is appreciated.

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Have you asked about blood thinners for a little while? Might help. And, by the way...
    YEA YEA YEA YEA! I LOVE to hear "CLEAR MARGINS"!!!!!!
    Happy dance, happy dance! (Can't do it naked anymore...police came, threats, screaming...sigh)
    Hugs, Kathi
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Great you have clear margins. They had to do a second lumpectomey on me as well to get the clear margins. But I didn't have a hematoma. It may just take time and patience.

Wishing you good luck and a speedy rest of your treatments.

Take Care... God Bless....

Susan