Treatment questions

Options
corrosion
corrosion Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have recently [April 2006] been diagnosed with an adenocarcinoma probably of colon origin. The tumor is large [8 by 10 inches]and connects the liver and stomach. Have been told that it is not either liver or stomach cancer so the treatment is for colon cancer since this is the most known about cancer. Being treated with chemo [oxaliplatin plus 5FU +leucovorin]. Coming up to my 3rd treatment [every other week]. Abdomen is very distended and hard [became hard after 1st chemo]. Has anyone else gone through what I describe, and if so, can you provide some info?

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    corrosion -

Sorry that I can't give you some info, but I haven't gone through that. Hopefully there will be someone here who can help you. You have certainly come to the right place to get advice - and just about anything else you need.

Welcome to the semi-colons (even though it sounds like you still have all of your colon - that's sort of our right of passage to join the club - I thin we should let you in!)

Hang in there - talk to your oncologist. Keeping you in my prayers.

- SpongeBob

P.S. I love your moniker - some day you'll have to tell the story behind it.
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    did the drs say they could remove the tumor? Have they biopsied it? If not they are guessing that it's colon orgin..have you considered a second opinion? Without a biopsy, you could have anything, including a benign tumor,,? Bud
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I'm on the same treatment and not having problems like that. I would say definately tell your oncologist. Have you lost weight and could it be the tumor you now feel? How are the treatments going? If you ever want to talk, you can e-mail me here. I will send you an e-mail so you can. I just finished my 6th treatment. Take care and HUGS.

Lisa
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    nanuk said:

did the drs say they could remove the tumor? Have they biopsied it? If not they are guessing that it's colon orgin..have you considered a second opinion? Without a biopsy, you could have anything, including a benign tumor,,? Bud

Hi Corrosion -

I'm with Bud - make sure you understand WHY they suspect colon cancer. Did you have colonoscopy / biopsy which found cancer and surgery / biopsy on your colon? If not, then how do they conclude it is colorectal? Just because lots is known about CRC does not mean you have it.

I can't help with the symptoms you are having, but I would urge you to get a second opinion or at least probe more deeply into why your doctors believe this to be metastatic colorectal cancer. Also, if in fact you do have metastatic CRC, you might ask why Avastin is not being considered as part of your protocol.

Take care,
    Betsy