finally made it!

Options
hillbillycat
hillbillycat Member Posts: 79
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, I just want to let everyone know that I finally made it through nursing school! Even though I am 45 now , I feel it is an accomplishment and goes along with my new start in life. anyway, I think I will begin a new goal,that of learning a new language......Shirl

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    Way to go!!!! What language?

Hugs.

Lesley
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Yea Yea Yea Yea! Doing my happy dance REALLY FAST!!!!! Whew! Out of breath...room spinning...cats screaching....PLOP! On floor...
    GREAT NEWS!
    (I learned Dutch....the language that is known as the throat infection one ...lots of clearing throat sounds! hehehehehe)
    BIG BIG BIG HUGS! Kathi
  • hillbillycat
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yea Yea Yea Yea! Doing my happy dance REALLY FAST!!!!! Whew! Out of breath...room spinning...cats screaching....PLOP! On floor...
    GREAT NEWS!
    (I learned Dutch....the language that is known as the throat infection one ...lots of clearing throat sounds! hehehehehe)
    BIG BIG BIG HUGS! Kathi

Thank you,,,I now realize that if you (NEVER )give up and keep on struggling, sometimes (one day at a time) it will pay off in the end .
    As one instuctor said" Noone can take our achievements away from us",
    I (USED) to think (what if I fail?) To me failing was the worst thing that could happen.It took me a long time to realize that failing is when you give up without good reason. My FEAR of failing caused me to lose out on many achievments in my younger years. .... .so....
    About the language>
    The language is Deutsch (German).> Ich kann sprechen OK aber Ich wunschen Ich kann besser Deutsch sprechen. >
    I said in my basic german that I can speak german but I wish I could speak it better.
    Again thank you all for always writing during the times in the past when I needed someone to talk to.....Shirl
  • pansylover
    pansylover Member Posts: 80
    Options
    congrats!! what an accomplishment. I also have gone back to my studies and doing better than what I thought I was going to. whay to go girl!!!
    Cindie
  • LesleyH
    Options

Thank you,,,I now realize that if you (NEVER )give up and keep on struggling, sometimes (one day at a time) it will pay off in the end .
    As one instuctor said" Noone can take our achievements away from us",
    I (USED) to think (what if I fail?) To me failing was the worst thing that could happen.It took me a long time to realize that failing is when you give up without good reason. My FEAR of failing caused me to lose out on many achievments in my younger years. .... .so....
    About the language>
    The language is Deutsch (German).> Ich kann sprechen OK aber Ich wunschen Ich kann besser Deutsch sprechen. >
    I said in my basic german that I can speak german but I wish I could speak it better.
    Again thank you all for always writing during the times in the past when I needed someone to talk to.....Shirl

ausserordentlich
    ausgezeichnet
    exzellent
    fein
    grossartig
    herausragend
    hervorragend
    tadellos
    trefflich
    vollendet
    vortrefflich
    vorzuglich (missing an umlaut on the u)

I rede gern auf Deutsch. Ach. I started to write in German, but don't know how to do the umlaut on the board. I love German. There are so many different ways of saying things. I also speak a dialect of Dutch. Both languages were (at different times) my first language.

So, Shirl, how about another degree? Going for your Master's now?

Hugs.

Lesley
  • KathiM
    Options
    LesleyH said:

ausserordentlich
    ausgezeichnet
    exzellent
    fein
    grossartig
    herausragend
    hervorragend
    tadellos
    trefflich
    vollendet
    vortrefflich

I rede gern auf Deutsch. Ach. I started to write in German, but don't know how to do the umlaut on the board. I love German. There are so many different ways of saying things. I also speak a dialect of Dutch. Both languages were (at different times) my first language.

Hugs.

Lesley

*sticking tongue out at Lesley....
    OK, ms. smarty pants...how many (don't share them, just a count, please) naughty words do you know???? (My beau's friend taught me a whole bunch, my beau doesn't EVER say naughties...hehehehe)
    Hugs, kathi
  • LesleyH
    Options
    KathiM said:

*sticking tongue out at Lesley....
    OK, ms. smarty pants...how many (don't share them, just a count, please) naughty words do you know???? (My beau's friend taught me a whole bunch, my beau doesn't EVER say naughties...hehehehe)
    Hugs, kathi

You know, that is so funny. I learned German from a very proper mother and then at school - no naughty words. Then I went to Germany. And the first thing I was told was to find a nice man, not a "sh**sse" man. I had no idea what they were talking about. I soon found out. I travelled with German students. Let's put it this way, I can hold my own with any German sailor. But of course, Dutch has far more expressive swear words/phrases.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • KathiM
    Options
    LesleyH said:

You know, that is so funny. I learned German from a very proper mother and then at school - no naughty words. Then I went to Germany. And the first thing I was told was to find a nice man, not a "sh**sse" man. I had no idea what they were talking about. I soon found out. I travelled with German students. Let's put it this way, I can hold my own with any German sailor. But of course, Dutch has far more expressive swear words/phrases.

Hugs.

Lesley

Yup.....long, descriptive ones!!!!! HEHEHEHEHE
    You bring me up sooooo much, Lesley...Thanks!
    Kathi
  • hillbillycat
    Options
    LesleyH said:

ausserordentlich
    ausgezeichnet
    exzellent
    fein
    grossartig
    herausragend
    hervorragend
    tadellos
    trefflich
    vollendet
    vortrefflich

Hugs.

Lesley

Lesley, I do not know how use online how to do umlaute but my husband is Gernan and can tell you what to do....

Hi Lesley,

I am one of those Sch****e German man (not really)lol. If you want to write german-umlaute, use your original word (gemuse) and use instead the "u" an "ue" this is a diffrent way to write umlaute. So an "ae" "ue" "oe" would be just as fine as the real deal.

Hans
  • KathiM
    Options

Lesley, I do not know how use online how to do umlaute but my husband is Gernan and can tell you what to do....

Hi Lesley,

I am one of those Sch****e German man (not really)lol. If you want to write german-umlaute, use your original word (gemuse) and use instead the "u" an "ue" this is a diffrent way to write umlaute. So an "ae" "ue" "oe" would be just as fine as the real deal.

Hans

OK, so is there only ONE NAME in that part of the world...my dutch beau is Hans, also...hehehehe
    Hugs, Kathi
  • LesleyH
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yup.....long, descriptive ones!!!!! HEHEHEHEHE
    You bring me up sooooo much, Lesley...Thanks!
    Kathi

Huh? You are the funny one. I LOVE reading your posts.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • ireneingeorgia
    ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Kittycats,
    Much congratulations on your accomplishment. I went back to school late in life and it is a wonderful feeling to finish. Being a lifelong learner is a good thing, keeps the mind active. Good luck on your German, I speak some Hungarian and understand more. It's fun, took five years of French too in school, but not really good enough for conversational. I hope after treatments are over I'll go back and take conversational Spanish somewhere. Good luck.
    Ireneincordova
  • LesleyH
    Options

Hi Lesley,

Hans

Ah so. Vielen dank, Hans.

Lesley