I can't stop crying

scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello to all my wonderful semi-colon friends,

History, stage IV dxed in March of 2004 with 2 mets to liver and 1 to my lung. Surgery was not an option at the time and I started with chemo but then went the alternative route. If you want to know more, read my personal web page on this site.

Anyway, I had scans done last evening and got the results today and I am still dancing with NED!!!!!!!! He is such a great lead and a luscious hunk. I must admit I was the most fearful of these tests then ever, but I think that is because of the recent passing of Sweet Baby Girl and Nettie. I have cried many times and do so as I type this message.

I urge each and everyone of you to ALKALINE your diet. I personally think that is one of the most important things that is helping me.

I need to log off, but please know how much the semi-colons mean to me. I am alive because of YOU and want to keep as many of you alive as I can.

Lisa P.

Comments

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi lisa,
    great news, yes god is good. celebrate.
    be well
    all the best
    bruce
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Lisa-

Great news! But, my, did you ever scare me with your subject line! So glad to discover you are crying from joy!

Be good, be healthy and take care!
    Betsy
  • terril
    terril Member Posts: 296
    Lisa, it doesn't get any better than this!!! Fantastic!!! I need more information about the alkaline route. Terri
  • debralla
    debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
    terril said:

Lisa, it doesn't get any better than this!!! Fantastic!!! I need more information about the alkaline route. Terri

Great news Lisa!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing !!
    Take Care and God Bless .
    Debra.
  • JADot
    JADot Member Posts: 709 Member
    Hi Lisa:

Whew - you got me scared to death there for a minute!

That's GREAT news!!! You go Lisa!!! Every story like yours is worth at least 3 rounds of chemo for new survivors who are still in treatments, uhm, like me :)

Now you go and live and thrive, for all of us!

JADot
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    JADot said:

Hi Lisa:

Whew - you got me scared to death there for a minute!

That's GREAT news!!! You go Lisa!!! Every story like yours is worth at least 3 rounds of chemo for new survivors who are still in treatments, uhm, like me :)

Now you go and live and thrive, for all of us!

JADot

You are a very cruel person for your subject. I opened with half open eyes and debated opening it at all because I was afraid of what it was going to say. You have been one of my personal inspirations and I don't think I could have taken it if it were bad news about you.

I am so relieved to see that you were crying for joy! Congrats on the continual affair with NED!!!
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    we cry more for ourselves than the one that is gone..we still suffer, they don't....."for whom the bell tolls..."
    I'd like to believe that Andrea & Nettie are in a better place. Bud
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    nanuk said:

we cry more for ourselves than the one that is gone..we still suffer, they don't....."for whom the bell tolls..."
    I'd like to believe that Andrea & Nettie are in a better place. Bud

Lisa, you gave us all a fright, you bold girl! Congrats on being NED. So, it seems that waiting for scan results never gets easier.Nanuk, excellent quotation. But I think that we also cry for the person who has died because they are not living anymore and mostly they want to be. Granted, when someone is suffering it is a relief for those who love them to see they suffer no more, but for me and surely for all of us here, the object at the moment is stay alive because we love life so much?

Margo
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Lisa,

I am sooo happy for you. You are an inspiration to many on this site.

Good luck with the job hunting.

Maureen
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Lisa,

Happy, happy, happy - that is the only word I can say right now for you!

I remember Barb slipped that picture of NED into her video she sent for the CP-3....he is a hunk and I hope I can cut in on your dance in a few weeks. Ha!

Take care.....I'm juicing my buns off right now!

Kerry
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Lisa,

Yes, my heart almost stopped with your subject line because I knew you had a scan coming up. Woohoo!!!!! We will celebrate in Halifax.

Love,

Kay
  • joanneire
    joanneire Member Posts: 75 Member
    Kanort said:

Dear Lisa,

Yes, my heart almost stopped with your subject line because I knew you had a scan coming up. Woohoo!!!!! We will celebrate in Halifax.

Love,

Kay

Dear Lisa

Delighted to hear your good news!!!

Joanne x
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Way to go Lisa! Great great great news!
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    hey girlfriend!

CONGRATULATIONS!! NED sure gets around. I think NED likes to Juice too! :-)

Dang. How does one get a copy of that video from Barb?

You GO Girl!

peace, emily who two-times her hubby with NED every day! ;-)
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    What wonderful news, I am so happy for you. Hugs, Audrey