CAT scan results

Options
pink05
pink05 Member Posts: 550
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. Just wanted to let you know the results of my dad's scan. Well, he did in fact have two liver mets (which I wasn't too sure about), however, the onc said that there has been about 70% shrinkage in the tumors after just 5 cycles of chemo. He said that he was pleased with these results and that the shrinkage is very significant. He also wants to discuss my dad's case with the liver surgical team to see if my dad would be a candidate for radio frequency ablation. We both agreed that a liver resection probably wouldn't be a good idea due to my dad's age. I don't think my dad could go through another surgery. He said that the only way my dad wouldn't be able to have the RFA procedure was if the tumors are lying on major blood vessels. Then the RFA wouldn't be effective. I'm hoping and praying that the tumors keep shrinking to the point that they completely disappear! There were also some questionable spots on my dad's lungs prior to this scan, but this scan revealed that the spots have stayed the same. The onc. said that they would have probably gotten smaller with the chemo if they were cancer. So all in all, we got some pretty good news!!!

Thank you to all of you who prayed for me and my father. I truly believe that prayer is powerful and God is good.

God bless you all,

-Lee-

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Lee,

I'm so happy for you and your Dad. Keep those liver spots shrinking.......

Kerry
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Lee -

So glad to hear about your dad's "shrinkage"!

Hope to read soon that the tumors have completely gone away!

Cheers

- SB
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee,

I'm so glad about the good news. Give your Dad a big hug. I'll be sending good vibes about the possible RFA and to continued shrinkage. HUGS to you too!

Lisa
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I am glad for your father's good results. I agree with you about the power of the prayer. God is our strength and He will not leave us alone.

Take care of your father and please let us know the decision about the liver.

Best wishes, Eleonora
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee -

So glad to hear about your father's good results - wishing him continued improvement.

Betsy
  • hicarm
    hicarm Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Dear Lee,

So happy for you and your family. I pray the tumor keep shrinking. Please let us know how the liver is doing.
    Carm
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my happy dance! Isn't it great something LESS is BETTER???
    Hugs, Kathi