Bleeding after Intercourse...

Options
DoreenDC
DoreenDC Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am 32 years old. I was diagnosed with Stage III Breast Cancer on 2/15/05. Chemo was over in June of 2005. I then had a bi-lateral masectomy, 28 days of radiation and I finally have my life back now....well, I started having intercourse 3 months after chemo had ended and noticed that each time we did, I would bleed a bit during and for a little bit after. No pain during, and lubrication was not an issue.....just curious if anyone else had experienced anything similar....

Comments

• Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    You might try using Replens. I had a little bleeding early on after Chemo. I believe that it makes the tissue a little thinner and so it tends to tear. I found that by using Replens a couple of times a week seemed to help.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    After chemo-induced menopause that then was made permanent by a total hysterectomy, I SWEAR by my Replens! If I didn't use it, I'm afraid certain anotomical parts would become STUCK!!!! hehehe
    Hugs, Kathi
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    KathiM said:

After chemo-induced menopause that then was made permanent by a total hysterectomy, I SWEAR by my Replens! If I didn't use it, I'm afraid certain anotomical parts would become STUCK!!!! hehehe
    Hugs, Kathi

Kathi - I was laughing so much after this, I couldn't focus. Is nothing off-limits?

Hugs.

Lesley
  • DoreenDC
    Options
    LesleyH said:

Kathi - I was laughing so much after this, I couldn't focus. Is nothing off-limits?

Hugs.

Lesley

Thank you ladies....hahaha I THINK! ;o)

I'll ask about it this week, I'm still taking herceptin.....
  • Susan956
    Options
    DoreenDC said:

Thank you ladies....hahaha I THINK! ;o)

I'll ask about it this week, I'm still taking herceptin.....

Doreen,

Replens is found at most any store with the feminine products. It is something kind of like a lubricant but it help the tissue. I also take herceptin. There is no problem using them together. My oncologist approved and recommended it.
  • DoreenDC
    Options
    Susan956 said:

Doreen,

Replens is found at most any store with the feminine products. It is something kind of like a lubricant but it help the tissue. I also take herceptin. There is no problem using them together. My oncologist approved and recommended it.

I heard it burns though....does that burning eventually stop?
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    DoreenDC said:

There is another product, used (don't laugh) for fertility, called Pre-Seed. I used that also, seems milder...e-mail me here if you would like info, I don't want to seem like a snake oil salesman!
    Hugs, kathi
  • Susan956
    Options
    DoreenDC said:

I never noticed any burning from Replens. I never felt any discomfort. Just an overall relief. It felt like I was getting a little estrogen back in my system... of course it isn't estrogen.. but it just made me feel more normal like I was before we started stipping my body of estrogen. It leaves you a little damp after you use it.. but if it bothers you a little mini pad will solve that.
  • DoreenDC
    Options
    Susan956 said:

I never noticed any burning from Replens. I never felt any discomfort. Just an overall relief. It felt like I was getting a little estrogen back in my system... of course it isn't estrogen.. but it just made me feel more normal like I was before we started stipping my body of estrogen. It leaves you a little damp after you use it.. but if it bothers you a little mini pad will solve that.

Well I mentioned it to my Dr. and yes, she said it was fine as long as there was no estrogen in it.....I'll give it a shot....Thank you all for your helpful advice....

Many wishes for A Happy and Healthy Life!
    xoxo
    Doreen