cisplatin, etoposide, bleomycin

amberlo
amberlo Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
has anyone been on therapy with any of these drugs, i keep reading the forums but it seems as if no on has been on the same chemo therapy as i just got done with.i am 25 years old and i was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian back in november i had a sertoli-leydig cell tumor about 12 cm on my right ovary. apparently it is a tumor that is more commonly found in men with testecular cancer. No one knows how i got it being a woman. I would give anything to find another lady who has gone through something like this....and been on the same chemo drugs.

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    I'm have been on cisplatin (carboplatin form), but not the others. I am taking carbo/taxol again currently.

Do a search on this site in the Resource Library for this particular type of cancer. Or even a Google search on the internet. I'm sorry I could help further. But you have come to the right place, not just for info, but support and encouragement. Please keep us informed. Until then, my prayers are with you.
    Monika
  • SueCam
    SueCam Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I received this combination almost four years ago for an endodermal sinus tumor, which falls into the germ cell type. I would be happy to answer any of your questions. Have you started treatment yet?
  • lupeann
    lupeann Member Posts: 9
    It has been a while since
    It has been a while since you wrote this but I am in the same boat as you. Do you still check in here?
  • nmccaa
    nmccaa Member Posts: 1
    lupeann said:

It has been a while since
    It has been a while since you wrote this but I am in the same boat as you. Do you still check in here?

I was on this combination 10 years ago for the same type of ovarian germ cell cancer at age 35. I have just joined and if you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them for you. Have you started your treatment?
  • lupeann
    lupeann Member Posts: 9
    nmccaa said:

I was on this combination 10 years ago for the same type of ovarian germ cell cancer at age 35. I have just joined and if you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them for you. Have you started your treatment?

BEP
    I actually completed treatment. I finished in June and now I am expereinceing side effects. I have joint pain in my hands and elbows and lung damage as well. Did you have any of these things? Did you have children (before or after)? How long was it before you felt good again? How long were you off of work? How are you now? I have so many questions! You can e-mail me at lupe_ann@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • june 15
    june 15 Member Posts: 2
    lupeann said:

BEP
    I actually completed treatment. I finished in June and now I am expereinceing side effects. I have joint pain in my hands and elbows and lung damage as well. Did you have any of these things? Did you have children (before or after)? How long was it before you felt good again? How long were you off of work? How are you now? I have so many questions! You can e-mail me at lupe_ann@yahoo.com

Thanks!

bep
    I have completed this treatment in September and I am experiencing the same side affects as you. Would really like to talk to you more.