carboplatin & gemzar

Options
Sandy-SCH
Sandy-SCH Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
anyone have experience with these together and the side-effects?

Comments

• groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago my support group met, and one of the women there had gemzar therapy. She said she had some trouble with her palms and soles felt very hot at times, along with other parts of the body that tend to be warm most of the time. She'd been told not to take warm baths or showers for at least a few days before treatment.

She didn't have carboplatin along with it.
  • Sandy-SCH
    Sandy-SCH Member Posts: 8
    Options

A couple of days ago my support group met, and one of the women there had gemzar therapy. She said she had some trouble with her palms and soles felt very hot at times, along with other parts of the body that tend to be warm most of the time. She'd been told not to take warm baths or showers for at least a few days before treatment.

Thanks groundeffect. Your nickname is unique. May I ask its signifiance.
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Sandy-SCH said:

Thanks groundeffect. Your nickname is unique. May I ask its signifiance.

It's a name that's given to the engineered "downforce" that helps hold Formula race cars to the track, helping them stay on the ground while they're going as fast at they can, especially through corners. I felt a real need to stay grounded through my surgery & chemo!
  • jetter
    jetter Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I am getting treated with it today for the first time. I will let you know how I make out.
  • jetter
    jetter Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, I am being treated with this. The carboplatin makes me ill three days after treatment. The gemzar gives me a rash, but cortaid helps clear it up, my hair has been thining, but as long as the treatment is working, I won't complain. My CA-125 was 882, after my first round of chemo it went down to 445. I wish you the best!!
  • JustVal
    JustVal Member Posts: 1
    Options

Side effects of Carobplatin and Gemzar
    Hi,
    I believe I may be doing this chemo combo (carboplatin and gemzar) in the next few weeks. Do you loose your hair? This is my second time with chemo. I am triple negative. It's only been 5 months since my hair has grown back. From what i've read, the side effects don't seem to be more than "flu like."