just a thought

Options
kangatoo
kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Has anyone ever asked you this after they find out you talk to people hundreds/thousands of miles away on the internet about cancer?
" How do you cope with the sadness...how can you possibly feel good knowing so much heartache each day?"
Yup...it has been asked of me by friends and family...many of you may have been asked a similar question. Do you know how I reply?
I tell them that our situation is unique. It is like seeing a "downs syndrome child" who is enclosed in a body that does not react correctly or a disabled person who to all others seems to be in a state of helplessness. BUT...I tell them to look at that child...see the face full of smiles...look at the disabled and see that almost all of them are able to show a happy side of their lives. So incredible and yet all they need from everyone is some understanding. In a way we too might seem to be "caged in" so to speak and a great proportion of that is the emotional side of things...the fear, anxiety...you know it all friends.
I tell those who doubt my reasoning that yes, there is sadness here...yes, at times it is difficult to deal with. But I tell them VERY strongly that we have an understanding, a bond, a love that overcomes all that....and the really good part is that there are times when all of this put together gives me a happiness that literally sends me to tears. That out of all the faith and hope and support we share something even more important. We share the joy that comes with NED...the joy that comes with the knowlrdge that each day one of our friends here will also meet that NED fella. Those times we wish for all here.............it is something we all seek and if we can do anything to help others believe it will happen...thats gotta be worth some pain!

nuph of me

Comments

• pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    My dear friend. Your insight and faith knock me out. I love to read your posts and don't know how I would make it without you. As most of you know my hubby was dx Sept03. Has been on chemo ever since. A couple weeks ago we found that the cancer is growing and the chemo stopped working. BUT even tho the possible outcome scares the beejeepers out of me I know that this room has been my salvation. I have no family other than hubby and a 10 year old daughter and until I found this room I was lost. I don't care how far away you folks are from me, I feel that you are there ANY time I need you.
    I have also found a wonderful church family since all this began and I am thankful to them too.

When I stop to say my prayers I never can remember anyones name but I "see" this room in my mind and ask God to put his hand on each and everyone in this wonderful place and to give them each strength and courage to continue with the fight.

I have rambled long enough. Just know that EACH of you are special to me.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great post, Kanga, as always. And pjenks, I am so very sorry that your husband is now not responding to chemo. I pray that they can switch to another regimen that will work for him.

For all of you that are in chemo now, please know that things will get better and hopefully NED will be your new best friend.

Hugs,

Kay
  • pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Kanort said:

Great post, Kanga, as always. And pjenks, I am so very sorry that your husband is now not responding to chemo. I pray that they can switch to another regimen that will work for him.

For all of you that are in chemo now, please know that things will get better and hopefully NED will be your new best friend.

Hugs,

Kay

The only course left is more prayer. They have tried all chemo at least once! no more regimens to try :( Thanks for your prayers
    pj
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Kanga,
    You have the greatest attitude and the biggest heart! I am sitting at my computer hooked up to my chemo pump feeling really down and extremely lonely. Your post has touched me and made me feel better.
    Thank You,
    Jamie
  • terril
    terril Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Hi Kanga!
    I enjoy reading your posts. It is true; this is a great family who gives so much support. There is saddness, yet I have found such positive feelings and hope. I found this group a few months ago. All of you here have helped me get through my recurrence and current chemo regiment. As I sit at my computer, my 46 hour pump is hooked up and my cat is trying to bite through the
    line!!!
    I too will be NED. I pray for this wonderful extended family of mine to be healthy and NED. God bless each and everyone of you.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    terril said:

Hi Kanga!
    I enjoy reading your posts. It is true; this is a great family who gives so much support. There is saddness, yet I have found such positive feelings and hope. I found this group a few months ago. All of you here have helped me get through my recurrence and current chemo regiment. As I sit at my computer, my 46 hour pump is hooked up and my cat is trying to bite through the
    line!!!
    I too will be NED. I pray for this wonderful extended family of mine to be healthy and NED. God bless each and everyone of you.

Hi Terri.....send yah cat over gal! Mine is playing with tha puta mouse...get away!..out ofit!....go way Tessie!
    mmmmmmmm......maybe don't send cat over....they might not hit it off...lol!
    Sorry you have to be hooked up Terri......hope all goes well.

Thanks for kind replies all....just speakin me mind.