I seen the Dr.

Hi,
Well i went to the oncologist today and found out that the polyp they took came back pre-cancer. they say that 40% of people like that have a very early stage of cancer and those that don't have a good chance to get it. So what to do. They wan to remove everything and hope for the best. and they don't wan to do laproscopic cause of other probs. I am getting another opinion and it looks like the summer will do it. Scared but going foward. I am on weight watchers and doing ok. Thanks for the support.
Karen

Comments

• groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Hi Karen,

While I'm sorry to hear that the polyp was pre-cancerous, and that they want to do what sounds like a total hysterectomy. It's not the best thing to have to do, but if it will help save your life and extend it, it's worth it. I'm glad you're going for a second opinion. That will help you know you've made the right decision. It's great to hear that you didn't officially have cancer!

I'm also glad to hear that you're going to Weight Watchers! If you make sure you eat everthing they recommend, you'll feel better and will want less food that's not so good for you. Our body fat just harbors too much estrogen.

Keep after the trouble, and good luck!
  • kaiepooh
    kaiepooh Member Posts: 52

Hi Karen,

While I'm sorry to hear that the polyp was pre-cancerous, and that they want to do what sounds like a total hysterectomy. It's not the best thing to have to do, but if it will help save your life and extend it, it's worth it. I'm glad you're going for a second opinion. That will help you know you've made the right decision. It's great to hear that you didn't officially have cancer!

I'm also glad to hear that you're going to Weight Watchers! If you make sure you eat everthing they recommend, you'll feel better and will want less food that's not so good for you. Our body fat just harbors too much estrogen.

Keep after the trouble, and good luck!

Thank you for your kind words. I am trying on weight watchers but my M.O. is to eat when i am stressed this has been a challange. but i will over come it so i can be here for my little one. I am going to go to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. my husband was treated there and they have a good reputation. I will keep you up dated. The plus no more heavey cycles. lol. be well
    Karen
  • tamralynn1
    tamralynn1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Karen,
    I was diagnosed a year ago, matter of fact on this day last year I had a total hyster. I had a tumor the size of a football in my uterius and it was stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma. It didn't look good and my onc. still thinks it will come back, but here I am, doing great. Get your second opinion, then do what they want to do. You will survive the chemo. It wasn't that bad for me and they gave me the strong stuff!!! 4 months of it. I never barfed, they have awesome meds for the nausea and everything else. We are all here for you and you are welcome to ask all the questions you want.

Live Strong,
    Tammy
  • alliesnene
    alliesnene Member Posts: 20
    Hi Karen,
    glad to hear they have caught this at such an early stage. My gynocoligist told me I had pre-cancerous cells and referred me to an onc. My onc/gyno was amazing, she explained to me that I was stage 1. After complete hysto (age 36), the cancer was gone!! No chemo or rads needed!! Sloan Kettering is one of the best centers in the country, so happy your going there. I send you prayers and positive energy, and a big HUG!!
    Jen
  • kaiepooh
    kaiepooh Member Posts: 52
    Thank you all for your kind words. I am going on Monday March 6th to the head of onc/gyn at memorial sloan kettering cancer center. I asked my husbands Dr. for a recomendation and she gave me the top. So we shall see. He wants my actually pathology slides and pictures from the sonogram test. i will keep you posted as to what he says. Thanks again for your support.
    Karen