pain in kidney area

Options
finner
finner Member Posts: 230 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Good morning
Just a quick question to determine if anybody has experienced spasms/pain in kidney area as a reaction to oxiplatilin. I have had kidnety x-ray and probing to determine cause, but nothing appears to be wrong with kidney. The pain is mostly gone now, but now I am scheduled for a renogram, involving radioactive dye. I would be grateful if anybody can tell me if they have had this type of rxn.i sort of feel that it manifests around the time of chemo, the oncs say no such reaction has been observed.

Thanks in anticipation.

Margo

Comments

• CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    HI Margo - I don't remember having any pain there due to my chemo drugs. Plenty of other strange stuff, though. I am certainly no expert, but I know that I did become tense and anxious before each session; do you think you could be tense and the muscles in the area go into a bit of a spasm? I am certainly NOT minimizing your concern and worry - and I hope you find the answers. Take care and I hope your next session goes very well - Maura
  • Nicola0821
    Nicola0821 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Have you had any blood tests to check your kidney function? I am assumming this is the first thing they did...but just checking. My father's blood tests for his kidney function kept coming back abnormal post ox1plat.
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks Maura and Nicola. i did consider that it might be stress related and in fact I am still wondering about that. My kidney function is normal apparently. It's just I hate these tests as I am sure everybody does. Anyway tomorrow I go along for the renogram. Also, because of this, I have to attend the urology out patient dept. as well as oncology. And we all want to minimise these visits, i'd say. Again thanks for replying.
    Best wishes
    Margo
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I had pain anywhere an everywhere...after cts, sonograms and pt's they concluded it was tension.After they told me that...the pain was gone....Good luck