Rising CEA and ?CA 125!

Options
foxy
foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi to all my mates and all new Ca friends! Well After NED for 12 years I am back on the diagnosis trail again. Was seen by my new and young Surgeon today due to rising blood test levels. He is very young but very efficient I feel. He has booked an urgent colonoscopy and CAT scan from the neck down. Thought I was going for a consultation today but ended up having a sigmoidoscopy--- just lovely with active haemorrhoids! Anyway He is quite concerned that blood test levels have been steadly rising, and seems ready to find the reason. I have every confidence in him, so I am quite relaxed about the tests. I have been hesitant about posting as I do not want to make other long term NED patients wary. I have had an excellent run so what will be will be. Foxy.

Comments

• finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Foxy
    Sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope that things go well for you. Always like to hear from you and the support you offer as a 12 year survivor. What does ca125 mean?

loadsa godd vibes
    margo
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Foxy,

As your doctor has probably told you, a rising CEA can be caused by things other than cancer. However, I know that the "C" words is never far from our thoughts. Good news is that you have a doctor who is on top of it and as we all know the earlier you find the culprit, the better you can blast him out!

Stay strong and let us know how you are doing.

Kerry
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi Foxy,

I am a newbie but want to say good luck and sending good vibes to you. Like Kerry said and on a previous post, CEA is an indicator of something wrong. I will be praying that it is something onoxious and not what we all worry about full time. Take Care.

Lisa
  • foxy
    Options
    finner said:

Hi Foxy
    Sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope that things go well for you. Always like to hear from you and the support you offer as a 12 year survivor. What does ca125 mean?

loadsa godd vibes
    margo

Hi Margo, I have no idea what a CA125 is, I am not even sure that the numbers are correct, but that is what it sounded like, I will have to do a bit of searching if no one else replies about it--- Foxy.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Hi Foxy,

Like everyone else, I wish you the best and hope the doc is just being over cautious.

CA125 is a test from blood much like CEA and is an idicator for ovarian cancer. It is treated much like CEA is, only as an indicator.

Lisa P.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope this is just a 'blip", with some other (benign) explanation. Your attitude is great and I admire you for that. Please keep us posted.
    Tara
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Foxy -

Good to see you taking control of your medical treatment.

And hey - no need to be concerned about making long-term NEDers wary - a wary NEDer is a healthy NEDer (ar at least one that pays attention to symptoms and catches the Dragon early).

Be well...

- SpongeBob
  • foxy
    Options
    spongebob said:

Foxy -

Good to see you taking control of your medical treatment.

And hey - no need to be concerned about making long-term NEDers wary - a wary NEDer is a healthy NEDer (ar at least one that pays attention to symptoms and catches the Dragon early).

Be well...

- SpongeBob

Thank you so much everyone and I will let you know how things go. Maybe the ovarian thing would explain my low back pain. I had my right ovary removed years ago and it was pre-cancerous! Thanks again Foxy.