nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Anybody ever done these two alone? Nanuk

Comments

• joanneire
    joanneire Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Nanuk
    My b/f is on erbitux and xeloda and fortunately his last scans were clear. However the onc said before those good results that he was considering moving him onto erbitux and avastin. We in Dublin and erbitux got Irish gov approval before avastin and although I think now erbitux is used when avastin hasn't been effective (in otherwords they try avastin first), my b/f just went straight onto erbitux, and fortunately it has worked very very well for him. I have read lots of studies about the effectiveness of combining the two drugs though. Has this been suggested to you? Jo
  • rthornton
    rthornton Member Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am using only these two drugs right now. Back in November, after folfox started making me too sick and I had already had two clean PET scans anyway, my doctor decided to switch me to CPT-11 + Erbitux. But the CPT-11 made me violently ill ... sicker than I have ever been in my life! So we used Erbitux only until after the new year and then added Avastin. I get Erbitux every week and Avastin every other week. I don't know the dosages, though. It is too early to say how effective this regimen will be, but the side effects are nominal. I get the Erbitux rash and a little finger/toe numbness (which my doctor attributes to last summer's use of Oxaliplatin), a bit of fatigue now and then, but I don't get horrendous diarrhea like I did with 5FU and CPT-11.

Rodney
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    rthornton said:

I am using only these two drugs right now. Back in November, after folfox started making me too sick and I had already had two clean PET scans anyway, my doctor decided to switch me to CPT-11 + Erbitux. But the CPT-11 made me violently ill ... sicker than I have ever been in my life! So we used Erbitux only until after the new year and then added Avastin. I get Erbitux every week and Avastin every other week. I don't know the dosages, though. It is too early to say how effective this regimen will be, but the side effects are nominal. I get the Erbitux rash and a little finger/toe numbness (which my doctor attributes to last summer's use of Oxaliplatin), a bit of fatigue now and then, but I don't get horrendous diarrhea like I did with 5FU and CPT-11.

Rodney

It is so good to get some feedback regarding this;until now all I have found are people getting combos, such as CPT-11, 5-fu, etc in combination with either erbitux or Avastin. My experience with CPT-11 was the same as yours..after only 1-1/2 doses. thanks, Bud
  • joanneire
    joanneire Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    nanuk said:

It is so good to get some feedback regarding this;until now all I have found are people getting combos, such as CPT-11, 5-fu, etc in combination with either erbitux or Avastin. My experience with CPT-11 was the same as yours..after only 1-1/2 doses. thanks, Bud

Hi- tried to email you back but for some reason the message wouldn't send. Anyway- I'll keep in touch and hope that you get on well. Jo