NED- what a guy!!

Options
joanneire
joanneire Member Posts: 75 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well- sorry for sounding so glum in my last post! My boyfriend had his scan on Thursday and we got the results on Friday- ALL CLEAR!!! The oncologist said that stopping treatment completely was an option but that he would recommend continuing with Xeloda and cutting the Erbitux down to every three weeks instead of every two. Another scan in 3 months and 6 months and if all clear then treatment could stop. I never thought that I'd hear such encouraging words. Incidentially the onc said that in the 10 years he has been a consultant that my bf is the first person with such advanced cancer to go into complete remmission.We are so blessed. Feel so relieved and hopeful but also conscious that there are lots of people out there who are not receiving great news at the moment and I am thinking of you all too. Thanks, Jo

Comments

• terril
    terril Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Hi Jo!!
    Fantastic news!!! Terri
  • mindy10
    mindy10 Member Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thats great news. Im so happy for you. It must be such a relief. Melinda
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Jo,

Great news for you and your boyfriend. Congratulations, sounds like you both are on your way to a long term affair with NED. My best to you both.

Kerry
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Jo! Thanks for sharing such great news.

All my best,

Kay
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news! Don't you love the term "complete remission" (as well as "NED"). So happy for both of you.
    Tara
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Jo -

Woo-HOOO! Congrats to you both - no doubt you are relieved and doing the happy dance.

- SpongeBob
  • rthornton
    rthornton Member Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That sounds great Jo! Congrats to you and your boyfriend.

Rodney
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    rthornton said:

That sounds great Jo! Congrats to you and your boyfriend.

Rodney

Great stuff Jo! Congrats from OZ. Now go cuddles your man...give him a big sloppy kiss then treat yourselves to a meal at your favourite restaurant!Don't forget to put a glass on the table for your friends here to celebrate too. So happy for you both.
    cheers, Ross n Jen
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    That is just brilliant news! I am so happy for you both and its also very encouraging for other stage 4's.
    Margo