second chemo treatment

flink
flink Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
ok i am still new with this but had my second chemo treatment 6 days ago and i got a whole lot of different reations then i did the first time. veen having to go back to the hospital for a tranfusion because i could not do a thing i have renal cell they also were telling me at the hospital that their really is not a cure or chemo treatment for this. also was wondering if anybody knows an easy way to not think about what is going on because it is now taking control of my head i can not stop thinking that soon i will be no more.even though they give me good hope their are times were i get my self nervos enough thinking about it. is their any easy way to keep my mind off of it and contuine to fight let me know please. 3rd treatment coming soon do not know what that will bring

Comments

• urkabsd
    urkabsd Member Posts: 37
    hang in there! i found that i had to pray and keep a positive attitude. a friend gave me the book by joel osteen entitled live your best life now and it helped a great deal. you must keep your mind, thoughts, emotions busy with positive thoughts and images. if you let the fear, worry and uncertaintly take too much of your time you will lose it! i will pray for you. think of the things you like most and try your best to stay active with those things. best to you!
    kathie
  • urkabsd
    how did they find out that the cancer had spread? how are you doing with the chemo now? i pray that things are going well with you now. try to stay positive!
  • flink
    flink Member Posts: 4
    urkabsd said:

how did they find out that the cancer had spread? how are you doing with the chemo now? i pray that things are going well with you now. try to stay positive!

urkabsd, thanks for all your insite i think i need all the help i can get to anwser your question they found out it spread by giving me a chest x ray then telling me i had phenoma which in 2 weeks never got better then gave me a chest scan then found that it was tomas. which in turn went to hospital for sonagram and they found more in liver both lungs and the same spot where the doctor took out the kidney. chemo doing well alot different side effects each time i get a treatment but trying to get though it. trying still to keep working to keep mind off of things.thanks for all your concern
  • urkabsd
    flink said:

urkabsd, thanks for all your insite i think i need all the help i can get to anwser your question they found out it spread by giving me a chest x ray then telling me i had phenoma which in 2 weeks never got better then gave me a chest scan then found that it was tomas. which in turn went to hospital for sonagram and they found more in liver both lungs and the same spot where the doctor took out the kidney. chemo doing well alot different side effects each time i get a treatment but trying to get though it. trying still to keep working to keep mind off of things.thanks for all your concern

hi, haven't checked this site in awhile, i certainly pray that you are doing well. i have found a site that is just almost overwhelming in info if you need it. it is http://cancerguide.org/kofaq. they are very helpful and knowledgable. it is kidney cancer and all the diffrent treatments. i go for my 1 year check next week and i am feeeling more confident that i have felt in a long time, God will provide!