Happy birthday to me.

finner
finner Member Posts: 230 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello
Today is my birthday. I always feel special on my birthday. i am 46 years young today. On Thursday 1st Dec, I have a scan to check progress of liver growth. Is there anybody out there who had inoperable liver mass, size c4cm, and it disappeared with Avastin? So far it has shrunk 40% from 6cm during folfiri treatment. Presently I just get Avastin and my scan of 3 months ago showed it had not increased in anyway. It also showed a very very small spot on lung.Hopefully, like buster brown(really good news buster), it will be nothing sinister. I have told nobody this because i am trying to ignore it and make it go away! Anyway, it will take a while for the results and you all know what a nerve wracking time that is. Best wishes to everybody. I love this site.

margo

Comments

• foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    Hi Margo, and I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, you are only a spring chicken and I am sure your Liver problem can be treated, like mine was. Lots of love for your Birthday. Virginia.
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    foxy said:

Hi Margo, and I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, you are only a spring chicken and I am sure your Liver problem can be treated, like mine was. Lots of love for your Birthday. Virginia.

Thanks for the good vibes, Virginia.
    Margo
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Hi Margo,

Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday. . .

Enjoy Your Day,
    Lisa
  • alihamilton
    alihamilton Member Posts: 347 Member
    Happy, happy birthday to you Margo! Good luck with the scan and keep up your spirits!
    Ali
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Margo,

Birthday wishes are being sent your way!!

Let us know how your scans come out. Hang in there.

Kerry
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Happy Birthday! Unlike some of my friends who moan about getting older, I sure rejoice when I get to welcome another! One of those things only those of us "in the club" can appreciate....

I am wishing you all the best, that your liver mass continues to shrink (and then disappear!) -- and that this lung spot turns out to be nothing. And best of luck with the waiting game -- it ain't easy. "Feed the faith, starve the doubt"
    Tara
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Margo - Happy Birthday!

If you had Avastin only, my oncologist says that the evidence is that Avastin works best in combination with Xeloda or 5FU - that there may be a dose which is safe and works well alone but that trials have not yet been done to show that. I had a very small liver met which disappeared after my second treatment with Xeloda, oxaliplatin and Avastin. Have another scan in mid December following my 6th treatment (yesterday), and boy am I nervous!

Anyway, getting older sure beats the alternative. I had a birthday recently and consider myself to be 56 years young (although for a few days after chemo I do feel more like 56 years old!)

Betsy
  • BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member
    Margo:
    Happy B-day...A little insight on the spot they found on my left lung. My onc told me this, if he'd take 100 people off the street, 25 of them would have something show up on a ct scan, and out of those 25, 1 would be cancerous...That spot could be a lot of different things. BTW, this NED stuff is great, I literally feel as though I have a new lease on life. No doctors appointments for 3 months:o)
    Buster
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Happy Birthday, Margo, and congratulations on your liver growth shrinkage.

Sending well wishes and positive vibes for Thursday's scans. My doctor gave the exact statitics as Buster's on the lung spots, so it's probably nothing to be concerned about.

Enjoy your day,

Kay
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Kanort said:

Happy Birthday, Margo, and congratulations on your liver growth shrinkage.

Sending well wishes and positive vibes for Thursday's scans. My doctor gave the exact statitics as Buster's on the lung spots, so it's probably nothing to be concerned about.

Enjoy your day,

Kay

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGO.......errrrr....sorry for yellin but geez...us ozzies can be boistrous at times!
    All the best for thursday gal...hope the little blighter has DISAPPEARED!

Tara!.....kanga never moaned about gettin older!!....lol!
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Happy belated birthday, Margo; sounds like it was a good one. Wishing you continued good news in fighting this beast; keep us posted on the scan results. Judy
  • nixie33
    nixie33 Member Posts: 5
    Margo, I wish you all the love and blessings on your special day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!