New cancer!

Options
foxy
foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone with primary colorectal cancer out there has had a new primary cancer? thanks Virginia.

Comments

• taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    When i found out I had a lung tumour, at first they thought it might be primary. Something about the lesion made the radiologist (who read the CT) and my surgeon think so. But, it ended up to be secondary (metastitis). Not that either is great. I think a second primary would have been even more difficult for me to deal with, psychologically....
    Tara
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi Virginia
    One of my friends during chemo had a primary which was removed and treated with chem, he then developed mets to the liver at 6mos, he had a liver resection. Three mos later he was in for a bowel obstruction . A polyp had been missed in the previous colonoscopy and was as advanced as the original tumour and there was some doubt as to which primary had caused the liver mets,Cheers Ron.
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Hi Virginia
    One of my friends during chemo had a primary which was removed and treated with chem, he then developed mets to the liver at 6mos, he had a liver resection. Three mos later he was in for a bowel obstruction . A polyp had been missed in the previous colonoscopy and was as advanced as the original tumour and there was some doubt as to which primary had caused the liver mets,Cheers Ron.

Hi Ron, I am more worried about your wife tham me!I do hope all is ok with her. I am just jumping to conclusions at this time, I,
    think I may have MS, but who knows it may be another primary cancer. Would like to hear how your wife is doing

Virginia.
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    foxy said:

Hi Ron, I am more worried about your wife tham me!I do hope all is ok with her. I am just jumping to conclusions at this time, I,
    think I may have MS, but who knows it may be another primary cancer. Would like to hear how your wife is doing

Virginia.

G'day Foxy,
    Thanks for your concern Virginia ,we should know someting soon ,Susans gyno has rescheduled a heap of her work and is seeing her today to do the scope and d&c instead of next month. From what Sue has said the tech who did the ultrasound does not think that it is cancer but the gyno does not agree and strongly suspects that it is. We will know for sure by the end of the week. Sue says that she is not worried but there has been lots more cuddles for me and the pets this week . What will be will be and we'll deal with it. Thanks again Ron.