just a hello

Options
tkd3g
tkd3g Member Posts: 767
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say hi. I haven't been on for a while. Got a job ( after 17 years) and it is taking over my computer time! If I could only get internet access in the store!

And what time the job doesn't eat up, bugging my teenager about those college applications is taking up the rest.

Wishing everyone here well. Stay strong. Live Strong. Laugh Hard. Laugh Often.

All my love,

Barb

Comments

• nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    you can get wireless access that works anywhere, but it's pretty spendy. Welcome back and congratulations on landing a job after a long search! Bud
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Barb,

welcome back. You have been missed.

I have been nagging my son about applications also. We have only looked at one school.

Moe
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Wow Barb,

I didn't know people hired pool "girls" in the winter.

You said to laugh often!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, I missed you honey!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Heya, Elaine -

Working in a store, eh? Selling furry hats? Using too many exclaimation points!!?

Good to hear from you - any possibility you will be able to save some $$ and join us in Tejas come April?

- George
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb,
    I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing.
    My son has been bugging me about applications. His grades aren't that great and I want him to go to the local university and live at home for a while longer. He has other ideas which aren't realistic. Teenagers!
    Jamie
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    crazylady said:

Hi Barb,
    My son has been bugging me about applications. His grades aren't that great and I want him to go to the local university and live at home for a while longer. He has other ideas which aren't realistic. Teenagers!
    Jamie

Hiya Barb. Always thinking of yah gal. Hey...did I tell you that the little "roo" I sent Emma has a hidden mini-cam in it?.....lol!
    huggs, Ross n Jen
  • tkd3g
    Options
    nanuk said:

you can get wireless access that works anywhere, but it's pretty spendy. Welcome back and congratulations on landing a job after a long search! Bud

Hi Bud.

Yeah, I don't get paid enough to take on wireless service. Truth be told, I only looked for a few weeks for this job. the other 16 and 10/12 years, I was just chillin. :) ( I wish)

Barb
  • tkd3g
    Options
    Moesimo said:

Barb,

welcome back. You have been missed.

I have been nagging my son about applications also. We have only looked at one school.

Moe

Hey moe, how are you? It's nice to be back, thank you.

My daughter has one University in mind. She's going for a Doctor of Pharmacy program and the schools are few. Hope she gets where she wants to go!!

Barb
  • tkd3g
    Options
    scouty said:

Wow Barb,

I didn't know people hired pool "girls" in the winter.

You said to laugh often!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, I missed you honey!!!!!

Lisa P.

Morning sweetie.

Oh, you'd be surprised what a summer "pool girl" can do in the cold months. Oh, now I didn't say that, did I?

Barb ( who is shooting for a bikini this summer!)
  • tkd3g
    Options
    spongebob said:

Heya, Elaine -

Working in a store, eh? Selling furry hats? Using too many exclaimation points!!?

Good to hear from you - any possibility you will be able to save some $$ and join us in Tejas come April?

- George

George,

Austin isn't gonna happen. ( I'm not much good on planes. Can you say " tranquilizer?" Probably do the Halifax trip though. A stiff drink, and I'm on my way. It's a skip and a jump from NY.

Funny though. I'm pretty much a non vacationer. A few trips out of state, but nothing more than family visits. So, last year, on the advice of my sister, I took a cruise with my mom, my daughter and my sister. Wanna know where I went on my only real vacation in 40 or so years? Halifax! Funny. Well, it was beautiful and we didn't spend nearly enough time there.

Yup, selling furry hats, puffy shirts, coffee table books and antique wedding cake ( help yourself, it's in Peterman's fridge)

Love, Elaine ( who doesn't get the !!!!! reference)
  • tkd3g
    Options
    crazylady said:

Hi Barb,
    Jamie

Hi ya Jamie.

Gees, if the cancer doesn't do us in, surely the teenagers will!!

I can't wait till this application process is over. It is too much stress. And, I'm bugging her to do the early action stuff so she'll qualify for the scholarships.

Soon, it will be a distant memory. Till the next one hits 12th grade!

Barb
  • tkd3g
    Options
    kangatoo said:

Hiya Barb. Always thinking of yah gal. Hey...did I tell you that the little "roo" I sent Emma has a hidden mini-cam in it?.....lol!
    huggs, Ross n Jen

Thong Man,

Ah ha! I knew I felt a strange sensation that someone was watching me. Now, lets see what I've been up to? Working, food shopping, cooking, PlayBoy bunny try outs, Victoria Secret "closed door" photo shoot.... no, I guess I'm good. Nothing incriminating.

Barb ( don't think so ) :)