Bad news

Options
maggi
maggi Member Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone, Haven't posted for awhile but get online most everyday. After five yrs and 4months I had my fifth colonoscopy last with bad news. They found another lesion and afer biopsy its cancer again. The first time it was stage 2 with no node involment. My brother is deceased from colon cancer. I was diagonosed with NPHCC hereditary colon cancer. Onc said no chemo the first time just colonoscopy's. I had a cat scan also which the surgeon said looke normal but I'm scheduled for Surg next Wed Nov 16. They will remove most of the colon except for a small amount to to hook back up the rectum. I feel like I'm living all of our nightmares. I am just so depressedand I'm so glad I have all of you caring people on this line to talk to. Please keep me in your prayers. You are all in mine. Maggi

Comments

• Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Maggi.,

My heart goes out to you. Have you been cancer free for 5 years. Hopefully the surgery will make you cancer free again. Keep us posted.

Moe
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    Oh, Maggi -- how awful. After 5 years, you must have been feeling like you were out of the woods, and had beat the evil beast. How disheartening. I remember how I felt when I reached the 2 year mark (when the chances of recurrence drop dramatically) and then they found a lesion (malignant). I had already bought the celebratory champagne! I wish you all the best with the surgery. Please let us know how everything goes. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Tara
  • Cormac
    Cormac Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Very new here but not to colon cancer. It has been 6 years now and so far no recurrence. Mine was so large that the MD could not reattach to the rectum, so colostomy for me. Prayers can do an immense amount, and mine go out to you.
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Options
    Maggi,

Very sorry to hear the news. I can only imagine how difficult it is to learn this news after all this time. As someone else with stage 2 (11 months since diagnosis) my thoughts and wishes are with you. Please write and let us know how you made out with the surgery.

Howard
  • livin
    livin Member Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oh Maggi, I am so sorry to hear that you have a reacurrance after so long being NED. Stay strong be positive you will beat this again. My Prayers are with you. Livin
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    livin said:

Oh Maggi, I am so sorry to hear that you have a reacurrance after so long being NED. Stay strong be positive you will beat this again. My Prayers are with you. Livin

GRRRRRR......I HATE THIS DISEASE!
    Maggi....my heart goes out to you. I too was stage 2, no nodes inv. and I constantly remind my doctor that it scares tha hell outa me! For some reason I think that they do the surgery and tell us that it won't be back...then the vigilance stops..or at least slows down. I am now 19 months NED and am only now discussing further ongoing testing. I did do 6 months chemo and hope that it killed the rogue cells off. I am so sorry to hear that after 5 years you have had to look the demon in the face again! How horrid after all that time. Maggi....keep comin here gal 'cos we have a lot in common...we are all survivors doing our damndest to help each other.
    Our love and support for you. Huggs, Ross and Jen
  • Corbett
    Corbett Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Cormac said:

Very new here but not to colon cancer. It has been 6 years now and so far no recurrence. Mine was so large that the MD could not reattach to the rectum, so colostomy for me. Prayers can do an immense amount, and mine go out to you.

I had the same problem as you. So large the MD couldn't reattach and now have c bag. ok with it so far. it will be a year in Feb. MD said not sure how this happens but thinks it can be there for a long time before any symptoms. Stay well
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    kangatoo said:

Maggi....my heart goes out to you. I too was stage 2, no nodes inv. and I constantly remind my doctor that it scares tha hell outa me! For some reason I think that they do the surgery and tell us that it won't be back...then the vigilance stops..or at least slows down. I am now 19 months NED and am only now discussing further ongoing testing. I did do 6 months chemo and hope that it killed the rogue cells off. I am so sorry to hear that after 5 years you have had to look the demon in the face again! How horrid after all that time. Maggi....keep comin here gal 'cos we have a lot in common...we are all survivors doing our damndest to help each other.

Maggi... I am so sorry that you have to live out our worst fears. It's hard enough to go through it once, live with the testing and fear of it coming back, and then it does. Just know you beat it once. You have it in you to beat it again. You are in my prayers. As our wonderful man "from down under" said, please come back as often as you need.

Patricia
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dear Maggi, you are right on the top of my prayer list. I have been NED since colon and liver cancer 12 years ago. All the best Virginia.
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    kangatoo said:

Maggi,

Keep the faith. I was diagnosed with stage 3, 3 years ago and have been battling this disease every since. I am convinced I willl win it!

Be strong......come here for support....and know we will be here for you.

Kerry