surviving colonrectal cancer

Options
debcanmcg
debcanmcg Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Is there anyone outthere that has rectal cancer with med to liver, lungs and bones? I would like to know other treatments that are available. MY husband has been on the regiment for 23 treatments and I think it is time to try something else. His cea is steadly going up and ct shows not improvements. Doctors just keep going with this regiment. thanks for any information debcanmcg

Comments

• goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Options
    What treatment is he getting? I have rectal ca with met to lung. Tried folfiri (camptosar, 5FU, and leucovorin) and avastin. That just held it in check. No growth, but no improvement either. Currently on folfox (oxaliplatin, 5 FU and leucovorin). Will be adding avastin next week. We took some extra time off of avastin to be sure that my anal fissure healed (I think it has, because 3 weeks of treatment with constipation alternating with diarrhea and it still hasn't reopened-Yahoo!).
    I think the only option left will be erbitux. Though there's always Emily and Lisa's option-the all natural route.
    Mary
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Mary already busted me!!!!!!

I had stage iv rectal cancer with a few mets on my liver and 1 to my left lung. I did 8 months of oxiliplatin, leucovorin, 5FU and avastin) and everything plateued. I was doing the poisons every 2 weeks with no improvement in my tumors.

While on chemo, I met my mentor Emily (2bhealed) here on this board. I learned and read about juicing, healthy eating, and vitamin, mineral and herbal supplements as alternative treatments. The chemo was really getting to me so I found a local naturopathic doctor that had success with other cancer patients and followed her advice to a tee. That was mid November 2004.

In July of this past year, I heard the word NED (no evidence of disease) and am very humbled by it all. I go in the end of this week for my next tests and am very anxious about it (as we all do).

Get a second opinion or talk to your doctors about changing his "cocktail" but mostly start helping him fight the **** cells. Eat smarter and drink lots of water.

Lisa P.
  • dbgensler
    dbgensler Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Brand NEW to this network…began radiation & chemo pills for colon cancer last week. NOTHING has been easy for me since I received my ‘nightmarish diagnosis’…friends have suggested that support from this network would help me in navigating this cruel néw journey. THANk You, Yanna