tumor just fading a little

Options
jana11
jana11 Member Posts: 705
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone.... got my second xray yesterday and it showed a little fading. So we decided to get a CT. The CT showed a small amount of regression of the tumors (big one on the right lung, little one on the left side). So... I am starting avastin this morning.

BUT.... I am scared because one of the potential side effects is clotting of blood, and I have a clotting disorder. SO I am increasing lovenox (blood thinner) from once a day to twice a day. GULP.

PLease add a little prayer for me:
1) the tumors DISAPPEAR
2) No problems with the drugs

thanks. jana

Comments

• oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi Jana:
    So glad to hear of some regression of tumours- prayers for you that avastin and your other drugs make them disappear- and that you'll have no side effects- I'm sure you'll be monitored closely and that everything will be ok.
    Bev
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Jana,

I hope that you know that you are always in my prayers. I hope that the avastin zaps those tumors. I am sending positive vibes your way.

Moe
  • markatger
    markatger Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Hi Jana,

You are in my thoughts. I think Avastin contributed to shrinking my liver met in half while I was on it. I was very concerned with the side effects, but tried to keep in mind that they only happen in a very small percentqage of people. I know you have had a problem with a clot in the past, but I couldn't remember if Avastin caused it or not.

You are wrapped in many positive energies from semi-colons and your loved ones!

Take Care
    Maria
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Jana,
    I will definately add prayers and send positive energy your way.
    I hope that the avastin kicks some cancer butt and that the tumors disappear and that you have no side effects.
    Stay strong and positive!
    Jamie
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    Hi Jana,
    I am delighted to hear that there has been some shrinking of the tumours already -- that is great news. I can certainly understand your apprehension about the clotting/Avastin. I guess the good news is that you and your docs already know about your risk situation, so everyone will be hyper-alert.
    Wishing you all the best for tumour disappearance and no problems with the Avastin.
    Tara
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Options
    taraHK said:

Hi Jana,
    I am delighted to hear that there has been some shrinking of the tumours already -- that is great news. I can certainly understand your apprehension about the clotting/Avastin. I guess the good news is that you and your docs already know about your risk situation, so everyone will be hyper-alert.
    Wishing you all the best for tumour disappearance and no problems with the Avastin.
    Tara

Thanks everyone... got the infusion today - no problems thus far... other than chemo not starting for 2 HOURS because the nurses were waiting for lab results that I had done on Thursday - not looking at the correct spot - and then I snapped at the front desk woman when she told me about the hold... and then I felt terrible for snapping at her...

I think I was nervous and tired of waiting. Sigh - just hope she understands.

OK, confession is over. Wish you all the best. love, jana
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    jana11 said:

Thanks everyone... got the infusion today - no problems thus far... other than chemo not starting for 2 HOURS because the nurses were waiting for lab results that I had done on Thursday - not looking at the correct spot - and then I snapped at the front desk woman when she told me about the hold... and then I felt terrible for snapping at her...

I think I was nervous and tired of waiting. Sigh - just hope she understands.

OK, confession is over. Wish you all the best. love, jana

Jana,

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily as you go through this......See you again in a couple of months when I head back to Houston. Keep my posted on your progress...

Kerry
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    kerry said:

Jana,

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily as you go through this......See you again in a couple of months when I head back to Houston. Keep my posted on your progress...

Kerry

Jana...ever see the movie "Contact"? Remember what was said by Elle's dad?
    Small moves babe....small moves!
    Lovenox?.......meaning?....LOVE No Other Xsideffects!
    Kerry..when you get to Houston will yah give Jana a good 'ol hugg from us please?

Ross(((((((((((((((((Jana)))))))))))))))))Jen