Camposrar - High Blood Pressure

Options
liverpoolgirl
liverpoolgirl Member Posts: 44
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hello to all, need to know if anyone else has had high blood pressure from Chemo? My husband had his chemo changed from FOLFOX to FOLFIRI (sp) took out oxiplatin and replaced it with campostar the other chemos/meds remained the same 5FU and Leucovorin (sp) with Avastin. He had 6 treatments of FOLFOX before the change to FOLFIRI, and has had only one treatment of FOLFIRI.

Well today he went for his second infusion of the new mix FOLFIRI and the doc wants to wait as his blood pressure was very high 116/120. Gave him high blood pressure pills and he has to go back Monday and hopefully his blood pressure will be lower and they can administer the chemo/meds.

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks for any info, keep up the good fight
Debbie
aka "The English Chick

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Debbie,

My husband has also been taking this same combination (seven treatments0. He has not experienced this side effect. As you read here, everyone reacts differently.

I hope the pills help and he is able to receive the treatment on Monday. I always worry when my husband's treatment is delayed for any reason.

Keep us posted.
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie

It is more than likely the Avastin that is causing this. I also have to take tabs for this. It is a know side effect of avastin. I am sure the med will work and he can continue.

Regards
    Margo