Pregnant with BC

chhristin
chhristin Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was 33 and 6wks pregnant when I was diagnosed with 3rd stage. I am now a year out of treatments including 10 rounds of chemo (5 of them while pregnant) 28 days of radiation and Trans flap reconstruction and have a healthy beautiful baby girl. I am now taking tamoxifen. But I have been so angry and frustrated that I still don't feel like myself. I thought by now I'd be feeling more back to my old self but the anger, depression, fears, anches and pains just seem to be hanging on and getting worse.

Wondering if there is anyone else out there feeling the same way? I have two older boys as well and am tired of being a cranky mom.

Comments

• mel39
    mel39 Member Posts: 16
    I was 38 when diagnosed with stage 1. I had FAC for 6 rounds and 6 weeks radiation. My chemo ended in April and radiation ended in June, 05. It's funny that you ask this question because I also am having many problems coping with the end of treatment. I am not on tamoxifen since I was ER/PR negative but I have the same feelings you do. I am either yelling or crying most of the time. And I miss my doctor and hospital visits. I too am wondering how long it will take for these feelings to go away. I am scheduled for another visit to a therapist/counselor. Have you tried therapy yet? I am finding that the end of treatment is much harder than learning of the diagnosis, or even the treatment itself.
    Mel
  • SweetC
    SweetC Member Posts: 7
    Right in front of you are all of the reasons why you should not be feeling angry, depressed . I can understand you being tired. Yet god has a purpose for you and the fact that you were diagnosed while pregnant is your blessing. That baby saved your life. so enjoy it. Put your trust in God and you will be alright. Take things one day at a time. Thanking God for each day. Be strong.
  • sassysally
    sassysally Member Posts: 150
    Anger is a part of the deal. You put the shock of it all on hold for your daughter, and now that she is here, fine and beautiful you have time to reflect on all of the anger, depression, fears, aches and pains.
    I know from whence I speak...although I have never gotten angry or depressed. I never asked why me, I always asked " better me than someone else" These things take time. You have been through the valley and come out the other side. I was 28 the first time I got breast cancer. I was 36 the second time and 40 the last time. You have a little girl that is missing out on the energy you are giving to cancer. If you want it to suck the life out of you, it will be more than happy to accomodate you. You are through with the chemo and rads. ... Take a deep breath tell yourself you are a surivior. Surviving is an attitude which is 98 percent of the deal. You will be fine, give it time. Love your little girl, love your life. God has bigger plans for you. Aches and pains from all that your body went through are normal as are all of the other feelings. Let the anger go. You cant change yesterday, but you can change your attitude and how you view the future. If you can't get over these things, maybe a talk with a professional would help. I am now 44 and loving every minute. I have an 11 yr old son with Autism that needs me everyday... I wouldnt change a thing. I am a better,more caring person because of it.

Sassy
  • hounddog
    hounddog Member Posts: 115
    Hello We all go through Depression ,Anger, and Frustration when we go Through breast cancer and when we go through chemo treatments . It is normal to be angry ,Frustrated and depressed because chemotreatments are hard to go through. I still have anger issues .God has a purpose for all of us going through cancer we just don't know what his purpose is . May be it is to bring someone closer to your family that hasn't been close or for you to be an example for others in life. We all have to be there for each other and support each other .We go through storms in our life and right now you are going through a storm take one day at a time and put your trust in God. Me I have to go for counseling for my depression and it is normal.
    marilyn