Sentinel node surgery tomorrow

Options
Wendy59105
Wendy59105 Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This has been a long week......tomorrow is the big day for me. Hope my surgeon can easily find the first node and call it clean.....I do not want an auxilary done.....I am scared to death...

Comments

• epgnyc
    epgnyc Member Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm glad your long week is finally at an end. Again, I found the sentinel node biopsy to be easy. You won't know going in how many nodes they will take - it could be one, two, three or a few more. I never heard of anyone having more than 5 nodes taken in the sentinel node biopsy. I personally had three. Once they have this information, you will have a much better idea of where you stand. Because they caught your lump when it was so tiny, you have a very, very good chance of your nodes being clear. Good luck.
  • cabinlea22
    cabinlea22 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I will keep you in my prayers.
  • DiO
    DiO Member Posts: 51
    Options
    epgnyc said:

I'm glad your long week is finally at an end. Again, I found the sentinel node biopsy to be easy. You won't know going in how many nodes they will take - it could be one, two, three or a few more. I never heard of anyone having more than 5 nodes taken in the sentinel node biopsy. I personally had three. Once they have this information, you will have a much better idea of where you stand. Because they caught your lump when it was so tiny, you have a very, very good chance of your nodes being clear. Good luck.

FYI--I had 6 taken in SNB!

God bless, Di