Chemo Related Neuropathy/Anodyne Therapy

Options
LorettaB
LorettaB Member Posts: 51
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, Everyone,

Has anyone who has developed Taxol-related Neuropathy looked into Anodyne Therapy for relief?

Hope everyone is doing good. Just finished day 15 of rads...MUCH easier than chemo but going everyday is such a pain!

Hugs,
Loretta

Comments

• lindatn
    lindatn Member Posts: 229
    Options
    sorry I can't answer the taxol question but you are close to half done with the rads treatment and then most likely done so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. God Bless Linda
  • LorettaB
    Options
    lindatn said:

sorry I can't answer the taxol question but you are close to half done with the rads treatment and then most likely done so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. God Bless Linda

Thanks, Linda, and I read your posts often!
  • Ellison
    Ellison Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Loretta,

I am taking Toxal/Avastin treatments and I was wondering what Anodyne Thearapy was. I would be interested. I have a little numbness in the tips of my fingers.

elli
  • LorettaB
    Options
    Hi, Elli,

Here's the website - www.anodynetherapy.com.

"Anodyne Therapy is the market leader in infrared photo therapy and the only photo energy therapy with clinical studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals.  Over a thousand Anodyne Care Centers in hospitals, universities, home health agencies, nursing homes, physician offices and therapy clinics are available to provide Anodyne Therapy as part of a comprehensive therapy program."

I have a friend in treatment with a man who has severe peripheral neuropathy and he told her it had helped him tremendously.

Taxol did a number on me and I have pretty severe neuropathy in my hands and feet. Medications help only part of the time and the side effects are not acceptable anymore.

So I am going to check it out. Hope this helps and that your treatments don't make the "tingling" worse.

I tell ya, when I recall my onc telling me that Taxol would cause some numbness and tingling, I thought she meant just a SLIGHT unpleasantness. Big surprise.

Lo