Casting for Recovery

Options
SusanAnne
SusanAnne Member Posts: 245
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all. This weekend I had the privilege of participating in a program called "Casting for Recovery".

To say I had a wonderful time is an understatement. This program is national, so I recommend you visit their website (castingforrecovery.com) to see if there is a retreat near you. It is open to all breast cancer survivors and is totally free. They will teach you how to fly fish, but the weekend really isn't about that; I have absolutely no interest in fishing. You will feel like you have not a care in the world while you are there and it is an opportunity to meet some fantastic women. I highly recommend you go!

It's amazing to me that a program like this exists and is so unknown. Each and every one of us deserves to experience it. Go, go, go!

Susan

Comments

• mssue
    mssue Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    Thanks for the reminder-I now remember a book I have here somewhere that I read about that and some other savory things that are open to survivors.I had completely forgotten about it.I will see if I can find that book again-I read it during the beginning of my treatments,I'm so glad You enjoyed it-again thanks for the reminder.Take Care!
    Sue
  • LorettaB
    LorettaB Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi, Susan,
    Thanks so much for this info! I contacted them and all the retreats are close to completion but there's next year. I am going to get the schedule for 2006 and hopefully will get to go.

Thank you,thank you, thank you!
    Loretta