Thank You

Options
Btrcup
Btrcup Member Posts: 286
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all, I want to express my gratitude to everyone here, and thanks to Kanga for your special post. Things have been a bit hectic here. Scott is still in the hospital. Last week he developed a nasty abcess from his subcutaneous needle for his pain meds. They had to drain it and things seem to be ok now. He's on antibiotics for it. The docs are hoping to send him home Thurs.

Friday, my boss handed me the keys to his condo in Ocean City, MD and told (no demanded) that I take the kids there for a couple of days. Scott's parent's spent time with Scott at the hospital while the kids and I had a couple of fun filled days at the beach and boardwalk. It was great to get away. I just wish Scott could have been with us.

Well I better get going. The work really piles up when I take a couple of days off. I love you all!!

Love Linda (tanned and feeling better)

PS: LISA (Scouty) WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Linda,

I'm go glad you were able to get away for a couple of days. What a thoughtful boss you have - people are truly amazing!

Take care of yourself. Keep us posted and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Kerry
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Honey,

I am crying, but in a good way. You are so strong and so smart. I admire the heck out of you. Stay strong and I love you too!!!!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    It's great that you are having some positive things going on. Tell your boss that I nominate him boss of the year! That was great. A person that isn't a member of the semi-colons that is caring and wonderful. GREAT!
    Take care and remember how important it is to do for yourself and the kids.
    Take care and God bless you and yours.
    We LOVE you too.
    PJ
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

Honey,

I am crying, but in a good way. You are so strong and so smart. I admire the heck out of you. Stay strong and I love you too!!!!!!!!

Lisa P.

Linda...sweetie...all carers need a break sometime. When I was really crook I told Jen on the odd occasion to go on a gals day out with her girlfriend. Just so she could wind down...at least for a few hours. You need that too Linda and it is good to hear that you were able to free yourself for a while. Pass our love on to Scott...you are always thought of here.
    hggs, Ross n Jen
  • bsrules
    bsrules Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Linda,

I read your post and was so happy to hear that you and the kids were able to get away for a few days!!!! You are a super person and I give you all the credit. I didn't have to courage to leave for a few days. So I am glad that you and the kids got that very special chance to get yourself recharged. Please give my best to scott!!!

Hang in there!!!! You are doing a wonderful job!!!

Love,
    Sue
  • CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Linda - So happy that you were able to have a little R&R....so needed to nourish the soul and give you strength. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for Scott and the whole family.
    Cheers - Maura
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Linda,
    It's so nice that you have good news during this difficult time; thank you for taking the time to share it with us. As Kerry said, people can be amazing! I imagine your boss is glad to have you as an employee; continued prayers coming your way; hope things go well on Thursday. Judy
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Linda,

I am sure your kids appreciated the sun and fun. we are all thinking and praying for you and Scott.

Maureen
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Linda,
    It's great that you and the kids were able to get away for a few days. You really have a thoughtful boss! You and Scott are in my thoughts. Remember to take care of yourself.
    Jamie
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Options
    Hi ya Linda.

How wonderful for you to get a little R & R. A tough thing to do right now. But I'll bet, very much needed.

I'm sure Scott is really happy you went, too.

Please let Scott know we are always thinking of him, as well you.

Hugs and prayers are always surrounding you both.

Love

Barb
  • themis01
    themis01 Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Contimuing to think of you, Scott, and your children.
    Erika
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Options
    So glad you took advantage and got away. I'm sorry the stress and work are piling up. Keep the beachy thoughts with you and remember yourself back to relaxation when needed.

You remain with us all... take care, jana